Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2022, 04:47 PM   #1
wiredgeorge

TV in the bedroom?

We have a little TV in the bedroom in our camper but almost never watch it. I sometimes watch an OTA sports event on a Sunday afternoon if the missus wants to watch a non-sports event in the cabin. Perhaps two or three times in the past few years. I find laying on the bed and watching is a pain in the neck (literally). How many actually watch TV in their bedroom? Our TV is about a 15" or so tiny HD tv and only able to watch OTA since I have never made an attempt to do anything else.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I don't, and never have, watched TV in the bedroom. Why? I sleep in the bedroom and noise bothers me. I have a large TV in the living area for a couple of hours TV viewing with DW but other than that "TV" is a waste of my time and other things I could be doing. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:42 PM   #3
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I don't, and never have, watched TV in the bedroom. Why? I sleep in the bedroom and noise bothers me. I have a large TV in the living area for a couple of hours TV viewing with DW but other than that "TV" is a waste of my time and other things I could be doing. JMO
Agree 100%
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:58 PM   #4
JDDilly

We have always had a TV in our bedroom, both in the camper and at home. About the only thing we watch is the news as we are going to bed.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #5
dutchmensport

We actually have 2 televisions in our camper bedroom. The first one is Furrion television mounted to the wall on a swing arm. However, it is not a Smart television.

We have a second, much smaller television, a Roku that is a Smart television. It's not wired into the camper coax cable over-the-air antenna system, since the one mounted on the wall is. But this one works great for streaming from our phone hot spots. We also use the second television to take outside when we occasionally want to set up outside, and the same second television works great as a secondary laptop computer monitor, which I used with my company laptop for a couple years (before I retired a week ago.)

So, that second television is used for multiple scenarios, including playing a DVD / Blue Ray player, streaming internet television and movies / a computer monitor / and for setting up outside. Not bad for an $88 Wall Mart television.

FYI, the television mounted on the wall is directly at the foot of the bed (opposite wall), and is high enough on the wall there's no neck strain. The second television sits on a small stand directly under that television on top of the dresser.

The entire rear of the fifth wheel is a closet, and the closet sliding doors all have mirrors. What's really nice, is, when our necks do get tired or we need to switch positions, we can easily lay on our sides, and watch television through the mirrors. Of course the screen is backwards, but who cares. It works and works very well.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #6
mskeyspirate

We have a 42 inch in the bedroom of our camper. I have to admit that we don't watch it much at all. Until that is our 3 year old great granddaughter camps with us. We have quite a few movies for her, and at night she spends some time laying down watching.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #7
Buffettfan

Ours came with a 24" mounted on the wall of our bedroom.
I updated it to a smart/Roku unit.
I should add that my wife is a TV addict.
I could do without it myself.
Buffettfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom