Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2021, 09:58 AM   #21
larryflew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post

Regular home outlets use a screw connections and ARE DESIGNED FOR HIGHER POWER.
Retired for 9 years but MANY electricians and especially in new house construction use the stab in connector even on good outlets because of time to strip, curl and wire to screw terminals. Especially new house because the time is what makes your business profitable in a cut throat business. One reason we never did new home construction.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #22
buzzcop63

Wife and I have been using a space heater for several seasons now but being a simple sole I used a 12 gauge extension cord and ran it out through the outside shower which is at the end of our rear kitchen, the male plugs into the 20 amp outlet on the stand and the female end we plug the heater into, it stores by the garbage can under the sink. Also have a volt meter plugged into the 110 outlet on the trailer to watch for overload on the 30 amp circuit. No heat on plug's and trailer stays nice and toasty in the mornings. No, I never use the outside shower.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #23
Pathfinder75

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcop63 View Post
Wife and I have been using a space heater for several seasons now but being a simple sole I used a 12 gauge extension cord and ran it out through the outside shower which is at the end of our rear kitchen, the male plugs into the 20 amp outlet on the stand and the female end we plug the heater into, it stores by the garbage can under the sink. Also have a volt meter plugged into the 110 outlet on the trailer to watch for overload on the 30 amp circuit. No heat on plug's and trailer stays nice and toasty in the mornings. No, I never use the outside shower.
This is what I wanted to suggest. I believe OP has 50amp but others that may only have 30amp service then a 10 or 12 gauge cord from the 20amp duplex outlet on pedestal would keep from straining the 30 amp service.
Run cord into interior at slide seal if op has a slide or like buzzcop may need to find another access.
If happy with this you can get wall plug in for outside cord attachment and mount an outlet interior from this wall plug.
like this one I found amazon - Journeyman-Pro-120-125-Commercial-Straight-Receptacle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71SMQaEbYHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	37673  

Dave, Kathy & Golden Retrievers Tucker & Andi
2017 Montana HC 353RL - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Morryde Stepabove Steps STP-4-30-03H -
Kodiak 8-Lug 13" Premier Disc Brake Conversion Kit
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC 6.7L SRW LB - B&W Companion w/OEM Ford puck.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:12 AM   #24
German Shepherd Guy

So, I now have another project for the TT. Replace outlets. And just when I thought I was getting caught up.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:40 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
So, I now have another project for the TT. Replace outlets. And just when I thought I was getting caught up.
Travel trailer and caught up shouldn't be used in the same sentance. I think the origins of the words "travel trailer" came from a marketing agency that was looking for a more palletable form of "never ending mobile project".
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #26
skids

My wife made me get a junk trailer from a neighbor. It is a Great Divide Coach, 1983 vintage. That thing has 12 gage romex all through it.