Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #21
Bunnie54

Problem solved.

Hi there...I thought I would let you all know we solved the problem today.

According to the manual, there is a master switch to turn OFF the slide-outs. It is advised to turn this off when the van is not in use. (or if you had small children, so to stop them from sliding..lol)

So, where is this switch?

It was found inside the overhead cupboard...(see photo)

I never knew it was there, as I had help moving in and someone else loaded the dinnerset.

We switched it on, and the slide-out worked.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. Passing on this information may help other twits like me....lol

THANK YOU!!!!!
Bunnie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #22
German Shepherd Guy

Glad it worked out for you. I have never heard of such a switch here in the States. I soooooo wanted to be right on the battery idea, but this is better for you.Thanks for letting us know.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:28 PM   #23
Bunnie54

perhaps next time....hahahahaha!!!!!
But thank you anyways.
cheers
Bunnie
Old 11-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #24
Bunnie54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnie54 View Post
Hi there...I thought I would let you all know we solved the problem today.

According to the manual, there is a master switch to turn OFF the slide-outs. It is advised to turn this off when the van is not in use. (or if you had small children, so to stop them from sliding..lol)

So, where is this switch?

I never knew it was there, as I had help moving in and someone else loaded the dinnerset.

We switched it on, and the slide-out worked.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. Passing on this information may help other twits like me....lol

THANK YOU!!!!!
Posting again, as the photo didnt attach!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC18982.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	37240  
Old 11-23-2021, 02:44 PM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

I worked on an older Cameo 5th wheel a few months ago. Three slides and you guessed it 3 switches to turn them off in the same cabinet. Customer came and picked it up, I had the switches off. He called asking why the slides didn’t work, I had to explain over the phone. He said he never knew what this switches were for and has owned the trailer for at least 10 years.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #26
Bunnie54

All fixed

Hi Chuckster57......I feel a bit angry over all of this, one reason is the manual doesnt give a lot of discriptions let alone absolutely no diagrams, and the bloke I bought from, also owned it for 10 years, and knew nothing. He didnt know what switches were, inside or outside, he had no globes in the lights, no batteries in the smoke alarms, he didnt even know what an anode was, and never changed it, it was none existant, just a toothpick size.
He only knew the power attchment to 240v and the water hose. Guess he never went off road but stayed in caravan parks. I still cannot find the water pump.
I have had to learn everything about this van myself. This is why I joined this group....and through a process of elimination this problem has been sorted.

PS If anyone wants the breakers that I bought, I'll sell them cheap!!!!

Cheers everyone.
Bunnie
Old 11-23-2021, 04:38 PM   #27
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Hi Chuckster57......I feel a bit angry over all of this, one reason is the manual doesnt give a lot of discriptions let alone absolutely no diagrams, and the bloke I bought from, also owned it for 10 years, and knew nothing. He didnt know what switches were, inside or outside, he had no globes in the lights, no batteries in the smoke alarms, he didnt even know what an anode was, and never changed it, it was none existant, just a toothpick size.
He only knew the power attchment to 240v and the water hose. Guess he never went off road but stayed in caravan parks. I still cannot find the water pump.
I have had to learn everything about this van myself. This is why I joined this group....and through a process of elimination this problem has been sorted.

Cheers everyone.
Bunnie
Sounds to me as if you are getting close to becoming an real RV tech. If you buy used/old these skills will unfortunately only increase (I have a 2002 Cougar) as I have learned but the good news, the older the simpler. All owners manuals for any make/model are generic usually for all models manufactured the same year so specifics are included. Guess you figured that one out!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #28
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:

Cheers everyone.
Bunnie
When I bought my first fifth wheel back in 1987 all I got was a set of keys and “see ya,wouldn’t wanna be ya”. It has been a learning curve even to this day trying to keep up with all the new fangled CRAP. Your doing an excellent job and you should give yourself credit for at least trying and I may say succeeding.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #29
wiredgeorge

Chuck, How much does all the complicated and fallible systems add to the customer enjoyment of the trailer? How much value added are all the "smart features" aka gee-gaws? I prefer to do without none of this junk excites me as I couldn't fix it or have a work around if out camping and it didn't work.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #30
chuckster57
Site Team

When it works, it’s glamping at its finest.

When your trying to figure out an issue with in command, one touch or spyder system…

Old 11-25-2021, 07:13 AM   #31
wiredgeorge

When a car company rolls out a new feature to be used on their new models, I suspect the techs get some training or at least a guide on how to repair. I suspect this isn't the case with the gee-gaw systems in campers.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #32
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
When a car company rolls out a new feature to be used on their new models, I suspect the techs get some training or at least a guide on how to repair. I suspect this isn't the case with the gee-gaw systems in campers.
Dometic does have ( or at least did have) training for their products along with wineguard. I have certificates from both. The dealerships I worked at were extremely reluctant to have this training on company time since it meant no work was getting done. I did my RVIA courses on line on my own time.

Old 11-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #33
LHaven

Quote:
According to the manual, there is a master switch to turn OFF the slide-outs.
So it worked when you bought the trailer... but six months later, "the wudgies" had shut it off on you? Mystery!

Quote:
I still cannot find the water pump.
The first step in finding the water pump is to turn on a faucet, then move around the trailer to find out where the pump noise sounds loudest. If you find the right panel or compartment, you'll probably be able to feel it vibrating.

Tags
fuse