Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #1
Mark27358

Water damage

Purchased a new 2019 Passport elite 29db May 2019. I previously owned an outback for 11 years. I never had a major issue with it. Not so with the Passport. Started noticing a soft floor last year around heat vent below bunk. Didn't find water so assumed my kid jumping out of bunk weakened the floor. Now this year we start noticing more weakness in the area as well as our bathroom. We have never seen water but pulled up linoleum and have tons of water damage. This RV is just 2 years old, we checked for leaks and the only issue was the outside kitchen door doesn't sit correctly on the weather stripping. I have removed the door, adjusted the hinge and replaced weather stripping with one thats wider and resealed all around door. We never found water in the kitchen but somehow it must have gotten to the floor under linoleum. The tires are directly under outside kitchen. What can we do to fix this? Would keystone possibly cover under warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210810_082526.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	35966   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210810_082541.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	35967   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210810_082532.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	35968  
Mark27358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #2
Mark27358

My RV went to dealer on September 25th. Heard from Keystone today they are going to take it to Indiana for floor replacement under warranty. However the soonest they can get it in is late June 2022 and will have it 6-8 weeks. They must be replacing the floors in alot of these RV's. If you have floor damage might be worth seeing if you can get it covered but it might take 9 months for repair.
Mark27358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

We bought a 2017 Laredo 330RL January 2017 from a dealer in Dallas. In October we noticed soft floors in the bathroom. Called Keystone. We were back home in Austin area and took it to the prescribed Keystone dealer an hour south of us late October and told them we had to be back in Dallas for a work related transfer Jan 1 and to please have it fixed by then. I called them before Christmas to see if I could pick it up…they had not even looked it. Their initial suggestion was to laminate a piece of plywood over the rotted floor in the bathroom and the bring it back and they would fix it right. I drove south immediately and found the dealership owner and yelled some really bad stuff at him. Somehow they got it fixed Dec 28 and called it a warranty fix. They told us the toilet flange was not installed correctly in the factory and subsequently the black tank had leaked and sloshed until the floor was ruined. Maybe so. We had been looking at Montana’s for several months. We basically lost confidence in the Laredo and we’re worried the floor issue would get worse. We traded it off for the Montana Jan 2018.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, water, water damage