Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
Shortimer

Freshwater pump wont prime

Hi all.

I have a 2021 243BHSWE that will not build water pressure. The freshwater tank is 1/4 full, i just added water to the tank last night. The pump will either run normally and shutoff when when pressure is built, but the pressure is very low. Or, the pump will run continuously and never build enough pressure and wont shut off unless I shut it off. I'm hoping its just a loose suction side fitting on the pump and want to check it out, but im not sure where the pump is. Sounds like its either behind the water connection panel, or in the pass through behind a curved panel by the connections. Has anyone had experience with this problem? If so, what was the fix?

We are leaving for our 1st dry camp trip in a week and our local dealer is jammed so I dont think they could get it back in time.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Shortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Make sure the fresh tank is FULL, then make sure all the faucets are turned OFF. Turn on the faucet FURTHEST away from the water pump and turn the pump on. If you get air and sputtering leave it on until steady stream, Turn it off and go to the next one. Make sure the WH is in normal mode and filled by running a HOT water faucet.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
Shortimer

I found the pump and checked all of the connections, they are all tight. In looking at the water panel I see "Water heater bypass" and "Winterize" valves. What is the function and correct valve position of the water heater bypass when camping? Same question for the Winterize?
I have a photo of the current valve position but cant seem to figure out how to add it lol.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Bypass and Winterize should be in the OFF position. SEE PMs

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
Shortimer

So... the pump inlet fitting is loose in the fitting cavity. The fitting is fully engaged into the cavity, the blue lock tab is locked, and the O ring is good. With help from another post on this forum I coated the inlet fitting O ring with silicone grease and wallah problem fixed. Temporarily. I ordered a new fitting on Amazon along with a strainer just to prevent future problems.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:03 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

I would consider replacing the pump with a Shure Flo with threaded fittings.

Tags
water, water pump