Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2021, 04:43 AM   #1
Dollarbill60

Unpredictable Indiana Weather

Hello everyone. With spring here in Indiana, we took the Fiver out of layup and went camping last weekend and being a new Fiver it gave us the opportunity to test everything out. As normal since we will not be camping again for three more weeks I drain the hot water tank and fresh water tank until the next trip. Well Mother Nature has forecast two nights this week the will put us in the mid twenties for lows. Just looking for some feedback on weather I run antifreeze through the lines for just two nights, run the furnace at low temp for that time or will I be ok. It is setting outside at a storage facility just for RV's.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:12 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Do you have the option of blowing out the lines with air? Running the furnace for any length of time on the original battery will kill the battery quickly. If the below freezing is ojly for a couple of hours I wouldn't be too concerned.

Got to love springl Here in MD they say 75° taday with chance of thuderstorms possible tornado then maybe snow flurries in the morning,
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:28 AM   #3
Dollarbill60

I don't have the option to blow out the lines on this new Fiver and I would bet that the low of 23 two nights in a row will only last 4 or 5 hours and it will warm back up in the 40's. Bypassing the water heater and pulling antifreeze back is not a big task, just trying to avoid it if possible.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

For the cost of a couple og gallons of antifreeze it would'nt hurt.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote