Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #21
Lucky277

Hi I have a Cougar 26 RBS 2019 and I had the same leaking problem
They have repair it by filling into the rubber seal some urethane as same as we use to fixe a windshield car.
and no more problem after really happy
Lucky277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #22
Canadian Len

We have a 2018 Cougar 5er with the front windshield. The windshield had a chip in it when we got it and the dealer had me take it into a glass place to have it replaced. This windshield is a “glue in” style. They had to let it sit for 8 hours before it could be moved so that the glue would set. I’m wondering if the stuff you are seeing is a blob of the glue.
Canadian Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #23
RVEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Len View Post
We have a 2018 Cougar 5er with the front windshield. The windshield had a chip in it when we got it and the dealer had me take it into a glass place to have it replaced. This windshield is a “glue in” style. They had to let it sit for 8 hours before it could be moved so that the glue would set. I’m wondering if the stuff you are seeing is a blob of the glue.
Canadian Len - I do believe it is the 'glue in' style, based on various comments and my probing. I think the blob might be from when they were laying the glass on the glue they caught some of the glue with the edge of the glass and pushed it out of the way resulting in the blob, and the gap where the water gets in. The local Safelite auto-glass dealer didn't want anything to do with it. Thanks for telling me about your experience.
RVEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #24
PaulRod

2020 Cougar front windshield leak

I see a few people suggest using tape to temporarily seal the edge of the gasket until the dealer can get it into the shop. Definitely do not use Gorilla Tape as they said it will become part of your rig. I worked around offshore race boats and those guys loved what they called shrink wrap tape. This is the tape that shrink wrappers seal the film to the boat surface. When you go to take it off it comes off super clean. It is called Marine Shrink Tape, it comes in different colors. It is HD 9mil polyethylene tape. You should be able to get it at West Marine.
PaulRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #25
Westcoastcb

Outcome? new 2020 34TSB with the same leak

Just wondered what the outcome was of this ? What caused the leak? I just drove my unit a 2020 Cougar 24TSB home to BC from the dealer in Edmonton and discovered a leak on the front bed sheets
Westcoastcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:07 AM   #26
RVEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastcb View Post
Just wondered what the outcome was of this ? What caused the leak? I just drove my unit a 2020 Cougar 24TSB home to BC from the dealer in Edmonton and discovered a leak on the front bed sheets
No resolution yet. To recap - like you, we found water on our mattress upon bringing the trailer home from purchase. An inspection showed the front cap LED lights poorly sealed where the wires passed through the cap. I sealed with silicone. That seemed to do the trick except when I hosed the front cap down, checking for a leak, a puddle of water formed inside the window at the bottom of the "V" of the window. While kneeling on the bed I could reach down and there was a 3 inch puddle. I contacted Keystone and they said to bring it to the dealer, or see if I could get a local glass company to check it out. They noted that a local glass company may have issues with how they would reimburse them under warranty. Our local glass company wouldn't touch the problem. The closest dealer said they would take care of it but it would be a couple of months before they could fit it in. I felt around the rubber gasket seal and found a spot where the molding was deformed. I contacted Keystone and asked if it was OK to put tape over the rubber seal to see if that stopped the leak until I could get it to the shop. They said of course, take the necessary actions to protect your trailer. So, I put tape across the top of the window seal and it seems to work keeping the rain water out - even pulled it through the remnants of tropical storm Bertha. We'll bring it to the dealer for warranty work once the camping season is over.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #27
Westcoastcb

Disappointing

That’s disappointing to hear ! Please share if they identify the fix / I’m worried mine takes just as long to repair
Westcoastcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #28
Moynihan1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVEagle View Post
No resolution yet. To recap - like you, we found water on our mattress upon bringing the trailer home from purchase. An inspection showed the front cap LED lights poorly sealed where the wires passed through the cap. I sealed with silicone. That seemed to do the trick except when I hosed the front cap down, checking for a leak, a puddle of water formed inside the window at the bottom of the "V" of the window. While kneeling on the bed I could reach down and there was a 3 inch puddle. I contacted Keystone and they said to bring it to the dealer, or see if I could get a local glass company to check it out. They noted that a local glass company may have issues with how they would reimburse them under warranty. Our local glass company wouldn't touch the problem. The closest dealer said they would take care of it but it would be a couple of months before they could fit it in. I felt around the rubber gasket seal and found a spot where the molding was deformed. I contacted Keystone and asked if it was OK to put tape over the rubber seal to see if that stopped the leak until I could get it to the shop. They said of course, take the necessary actions to protect your trailer. So, I put tape across the top of the window seal and it seems to work keeping the rain water out - even pulled it through the remnants of tropical storm Bertha. We'll bring it to the dealer for warranty work once the camping season is over.

I just got home with my new 21 34TSB and same issue. Went to make the bed and a puddle of water on the mattress. It is not wet anywhere around the window but dripping off the bottom of the wood molding as circled in the picture. What was the final resolution of yours with keystone? I am worried about the damage inside the wall and because I drove 500 miles to pick it up. Hoping you had a good outcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D74F50AB-D84A-460D-A11D-71877FD638E2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	35033  
Moynihan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:13 AM   #29
SRDobb

Cougar window leak

I hope by now you've gotten your leak repaired. We have a new Cougar 25RDS and had a similar leak but couldn't tell where the water was coming from. The dealer told us to check the window seal on the top/ bottom/ inside and outside.
It wasn't there. We coped as best we could until the dealer could see it. It turns out one of the screws with the LED front lighting was not properly sealed and the water was puddling and overflowing onto our mattress. All is fixed now.

SRDobb
Cougar 25RDS
SRDobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:18 AM   #30
Todd F

Checking for updates

Hello everyone, I am checking back for updates on the window leaks. Have you been able to resolve the issues? If yes, what was the final method?
Also, are you happy with the InCommand system, if you have it?
Thanks
Todd
Todd F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #31
SRDobb

Yes we resolved our window leak. We tried several things on the forum and took it to the dealer. It turns out one of the exterior screws was not caulked/sealed and was letting rain in. Good as new now (rain tested several times). Thanks!
Old 04-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #32
SRDobb

I replied with a post in this forum on 2/2021. Thanks for checking though.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #33
RVEagle

Update

Sorry to be so delinquent in posting this. Early this year (Jan 2022) we took our trailer to a local dealer (not where it was purchased) and they caulked/sealed the crap out of it. Since then, no leaks. They did not charge anything, said it was covered by warranty. Only time will tell how long it will last.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:49 AM   #34
CampingFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moynihan1129 View Post
I just got home with my new 21 34TSB and same issue. Went to make the bed and a puddle of water on the mattress. It is not wet anywhere around the window but dripping off the bottom of the wood molding as circled in the picture. What was the final resolution of yours with keystone? I am worried about the damage inside the wall and because I drove 500 miles to pick it up. Hoping you had a good outcome!
That is the exact location we are seeing a leak in our 2021 Cougar. What was your resolution for this?
CampingFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:50 AM   #35
wampler33

Same here in my 22 MLS window. Puddles at the bottom of the window. Waiting on call from dealer. I guess paying a lot more these days for these things does not always equal better quality... We shall see. It will be the 2nd time mine has been to shop for water leaks.
wampler33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, leak