Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
Virvis

Leak side of travel trailer

2010 Outback

Thought a side window was leaking but the wall next to the window feels damp where the awning mount is down the exterior side. Floor is wet and wall feels damp. I suspect the inside of the wall is wet. There may be debris in the awning mount channel. This seems odd and i cant find anything online so i do t suspect this is not typical.

Any thoughts?
Virvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Here is a thread with a very similar problem: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ghlight=awning

If you do a forum search using terms like "Leaking awning rail" or "wet wall" you'll find many more threads addressing similar issues. It's a "common" (but unwelcome) problem.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Don't know how long you have had the trailer but whether just bought or bought new you need to go over things with a fine tooth comb. The screws securing the awning should be sealed up and tight...and checked every now and again. Same for the ladder if you have one, trim rails etc. Those screws want to back out and leave an entry point for moisture. All screws anywhere on the trailer can cause an issue and some, barely backed out, are hard to see but will cause issues. I have all kinds of tool boxes all over the place and I think the one tool I have the most of is the square drive screwdriver; just carry one with me around the trailer out of habit checking screws....
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:26 AM   #4
Virvis

Thanks for the response. Ill check the screws that hold the awning mount on the side of the trailer. We're thinking this has too be where the water is coming in. Checked roof, ac, and window but all seem ok.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:28 AM   #5
Virvis

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't find anything specific for the mounting hardware on the side of the trailer. Ill keep searching.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
Upland111

Leak repair

Just found the floor of the wardrobe slide on our 2019 Fuzion 429 coming apart from a water leak due to a stingy amount of caulking used during the manufacturing process. You might want to check the caulking on the lower flange of the slide. This is my first time posting on the forum so I hope I can get the pictures posted
Upland111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, travel trailer