Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #21
Pull Toy

To the best of my recollection, I don't ever remember a dealer NOT putting in a Deep Cycle battery on PDI, new or used rig. It probably is not the most expensive battery on his shelf, but it is a Deep Cycle, and mine usually are good for 5 to 6 years..

I've also never had a problem charging, or maintaining a charge on my battery using the camper 12volt system, on shore power.

I don't have time to read the full article at this time, but I will check it out. Just glancing over the article, it seems to be referring to off grid use.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #22
MarkEHansen

There are 3 basic types of Flooded Lead-Acid (FLA) batteries. Automotive/Starter Batteries, Deep Cycle batteries, and combo batteries. The combo batteries are often referred to as deep cycle batteries, but they really aren't as robust as true deep cycle batteries.

I've yet to see any RV dealer install (for free) a true deep cycle battery in a new RV. They always use combo batteries.

These "combo" batteries can still be used, of course. But they aren't as good as true deep cycle batteries. A "combo" battery will include both the words "deep cycle" and a CCA value. True deep cycle batteries will not have a CCA value.