Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Happy Camper

Planning trip to Boston Area, Campground Suggestions?

Hello Fellow Keystone RV'ers. The family is planning a trip in 2016 to the Massachusetts Area. We would like a base camp central location to keep the trailer and then make several day trips from the base camp to Boston, Maine for some great Lobster and site seeing, and maybe check out Gillette Stadium. Hoping that someone could throw out some Campground recommendations. Full hookups are a must, would like room to breath so not really wanting a parking lot style campground unless it is really nice. Clean is a must and if it is close to the beach or on a lake that would be a plus, but again not required since it will mainly be used for sleeping. Also no need for children activity as the boys are all grown up.

Any Suggestions from those that have been there is greatly appreciated. Reviewing campgrounds on line can sometimes be deceiving.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 AM   #2
Laredo291OH

Hi Happy Camper,

We stayed at https://minutemancampground.com/ last year on our New England trip. It is a very nice campground. Nice wooded lots, very clean bathrooms/showers, would guess it is an old KOA. The campsites were level, but a crushed stone, almost sand. It rained quite a bit while we were there and that crushed stone was stuck to everything. Plenty of stores in the area for any necessities. There was also a train station not far away, we rode that into Boston instead of driving. Front desk was very helpful with the train schedule etc.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
Happy Camper

Thanks for the suggestion and description, it was our intention to take the train as everyone that we have spoke with all say the same thing, Take the train! I hear Boston traffic is super busy and not the best for an F250 Crew Cab.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Pull Toy

Without a doubt "Normandy Farms" Foxboro, MA... if you can get in! They sell out the season quick!

FIVE STARS CAMPING RESORT, just outside of Boston. Lots to see and do, on and off the grounds.

I recommend it highly! They even have a no cost Concierge to help you plan!

p.s. Traffic advisory!!! They don't call local drivers up there "MASS h*les" for nothing! Take the train, and then "The T" anywhere you want to go' You'll love it.

http://www.normandyfarms.com/

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
boalsburgpighead

Like "Pull Toy" said, I have to say Normandy Farms. We have camped there the last two years, and have a reservation for 2016. What a great place. Gillette Stadium is only a few miles away. There is a stop for the train that isn't very far. The campground is extremely well maintained and I think the price isn't unreasonable. That being said, it does fill up fast. Where ever you end up, I hope you enjoy your time there. Boston is an incredibly interesting city. If you are a history buff, there is no other U.S. city that can hold a candle to it.
boalsburgpighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #6
Happy Camper

Thank You for the input

Both suggestion looked great on line, we had been looking at Normandy Farms since it was so close to Gillette Stadium and that is definitely a place my son wants to tour. We were also leaning to Normandy Farms since the reviews were all so good. Since you have given me another great review we locked in the last site Normandy Farms had for our travel dates. I cannot believe it is already sold out. The last site was our area code (502) so it was meant to be.

I really appreciate the information from my fellow Keystone owners as it is always best to hear first hand from folks staying there opposed to the campground themselves. We are looking forward to this trip.

Sincerely,

Rick
Old 12-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #7
bobbecky

We stayed at Circle CG Farm Campground last year. I worked well for us, and is in Bellingham, MA.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Pull Toy

Enjoy your visit!

If you're travelling with dogs, the "Freedom Tails" dog park is surreal, complete with obstacle course! If you check out the online pic's on their website the two Schnauzers are our Ava and Emma. If your kids still ride bikes, the Bike Park is also worth checking out.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #9
Travlntj

Both Normandy and Minuteman are excellent choices. You might consider camping for a few days in Maine as a day trip would really limit what you could see.
Travlntj is offline   Reply With Quote