Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Gregson

Wheel bearings

Want to by wheel bearings inner and outer for 2014 Cougar 21RBSWE for a spare. Does anyone happen to no the part numbers so I don't have to take apart. Thanks
Gregson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregson View Post
Want to by wheel bearings inner and outer for 2014 Cougar 21RBSWE for a spare. Does anyone happen to no the part numbers so I don't have to take apart. Thanks
I just bought a spare set of bearings and a seal for spares. I got the Dexter number off the paper tag on the axle and called Dexter. They gave me the Timken bearing number and National and C/R seal numbers. I went to O'Reilly Auto parts and bought National bearings and a seal. They didn't carry Timken. I packed the bearings and put them in a Tupperware storage container full of grease. Put some plastic "cling wrap" on top of the grease to help keep air and moisture out. Screwed the lid on and put it in the 5th.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
bobbecky

I also carry spare bearings, which saved us a week ago. If you are going to carry bearings, you also need to carry the tools to replace them, brass rod, hammer, and the rest of the tools to get the wheel and drum off and back on again. I changed ours on the side of the road and we were back on our way a couple of hours later. I don't per-pack the bearings, but just carry a container of grease. Don't forget to have a bundle of rags too.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:31 AM   #4
GmaPaTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregson View Post
Having just gone through this myself with the help of a fellow forum member, I'll offer you my suggestion. First you don't need to take anything apart. Go under the trailer and copy down the name of the axle manufacturer. Should be either Dexter or AL-KO, who is now owned by Dexter. Also, copy the serial number off either axle.

Once you have this information call Dexter and they will tell you what you have and need. Their contact info is:

For product information or service & warranty:
Contact us from 8am-5pm EST (Monday-Friday)
(574) 295-7888

They are very helpful and will tell you everything you need to know.

Steve
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote