Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Dcsdiver

Vehicle and Trailer Weight Calculator

All,

I recently went on a search for a compatible trailer for my existing tow vehicle. I found that performing the calcs, as well as re-entering all of the same weights for my truck over and over, became quite repetitive with varied travel trailer options and payload capacities.

I have created a spreadsheet to share with the forum to calculate all the variables on the fly. The sheet should be pretty self explanatory, so I hope it can be of use for the forum members. I included my TV for reference as well as three Keystone Premier models. These are located on the sheet tabs on the bottom.

If there is a gross omission on my part, or something just isn't right with the calculator, please let me know and I'll fix it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx9rqbv3oa...alculator.xlsx

Enjoy,

Dcsdiver
Dcsdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
gvansickle1

Trailer/TV weight calculator

Dcsdiver,
Here is a link to a trailer weight calculator that takes all the guess work out of this;
http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml
Old 05-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Dcsdiver

Hi gvansickle1,

That is a great calculator that has been around for some time. When investigating various trailer/vehicle combinations for myself, I was looking for a little more granularity when calculating several TV's, possible loads, and several TT contenders. In my case, my TV remained consistent, but wanted to determine what TT fit my requirements with just two different weight changes. As I escalated up the product line, 19 to 22, 22 to 26, I was able to determine what a realistic max was. Additionally, modifying payloads for a specific trip (water, cargo, LP) was also helpful.

The folks at changing gears have done a great job with their calculator, I just wanted to break it down in a little more detail for me personally.

Dcsdiver
Dcsdiver is offline   Reply With Quote