Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Sixxgunscott

Ours is a 2012 Bullet 246RBSwe. It has the newer dinette and the couch with the air mattress. Haven't used that yet. Very happy with the trailer after three short trips taken so far. Just saw the 2013 model yesterday. Not much change noted except the interior graphics and fabric was a little different. I'm 6'1" and the Short Queen bed is a little short for me. We didn't like the feel of the inner-spring mattress so we purchased a memory foam mattress topper from Costco. Made all the difference! As others noted, we purchased this model because the dinette was on the door side of the trailer, and the kitchen is in the slide out. We also thought this model has more interior storage cabinets than other models.
Best of luck with your decision.
Sixxgunscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
eartha

Smile

I had the 215 and then looked at the 217 and went to the for the 246. We just love it. The kitchen is a lot bigger.
Happy Trails
eartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
haffcke

Smile 217 vs 246

mine is a 2011 246, use it at least 6 months per year, two of us and small dog , love it tows easy, very comfortable, smart looking we added an electric fireplace under tv console, heats complete tt, also removed the door to bath and replaced with heavy duty lined curtain from Lowes so when on the road we can use the toilet without opening the slide or using rear door works very well. PS what ever you get hope you enjoy as much as we have, and let us know. thanks Phil & Lola
haffcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
KJcachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by haffcke View Post
mine is a 2011 246, use it at least 6 months per year, two of us and small dog , love it tows easy, very comfortable, smart looking we added an electric fireplace under tv console, heats complete tt, also removed the door to bath and replaced with heavy duty lined curtain from Lowes so when on the road we can use the toilet without opening the slide or using rear door works very well. PS what ever you get hope you enjoy as much as we have, and let us know. thanks Phil & Lola
Would love to know more about that fireplace. Any pics? What brand?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #25
KJcachers

Any more word on the fireplace?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #26
freeze

I'd love info on the fireplace also

Sent from my XT1060
freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #27
brandon.delaney

214 vs 246

My wife and I bought a 2013 246rbs last year and we absolutely love it. having the bathroom in the back with a separate door makes life so much easier. You don't have to trudge through the whole camper to get to the bathroom. A quick change out of the swim trunks and into some warm fire pit clothes is quick and easy. The 246 has a large closet in the bathroom that we put all of our clothes in which it looks like is not incorporated in the 217. The dinette and couch can get cramped especially when you pull the couch out for guests, but when guests are just visiting and not spending the night, it makes for a lot more room to entertain. Think about what parts of the camper you will use the most and how they will function while your on your vacation. Either way you can't go wrong!

2013 Bullet 246RBS
2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4.7L V8 with aftermarket 28000 GVWR Transmission Cooler, and Tow Package

Previous Campers:
1982 Jayco J-Series 2450
2004 Fleetwood Caravan Micro-Lite 25FQ
brandon.delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #28
zuley

You mentioned in your first post that it was just you and your wife. I have looked at both layouts and my first observation was lack of counter space. If I may suggest another model not yet mentioned have a look at the layout of the Passport Elite 23RB. It comes in between the two units you have listed in regards to weight, 4600 pounds. There is more counter space in this unit than most 30 footers we have looked at. No dinette per say but the counter over hangs on the one end and comes with two stools so that the days you have to eat inside there is a place to sit. We had no intention of upgrading and just happened upon this trailer at a RV show to which both of us said immediately this was our next model. It is a perfect two person unit IMO, but certainly not suitable for anyone with a family.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote