Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Aymmers

Fuzion 342 dinette

We are about to purchase the Fuzion 342, however, I'm a little concerned about the stability of the dining room table. It's free standing, not floor mounted like our current trailer. Does anyone have a 342, and can you please let me know how the stability has been with the table? We have a 3 year old who tends to lean on it while eating or coloring. Thanks so much!
Aymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
divern54

Hi, I'm new here, but we have a Fuzion 342. We have only been out a couple of times, but the table in the dining room seems stable. I believe that due to the three legs or poles, the table remains stable. There is also a table designed for the garage that is freestanding on two stable braces that unfold from the table. It can be moved anywhere and is also stable. We have only had the 342 for a couple of months, but we are very happy so far. We are planning a trip in mid November for about 10 days and we will be dry camping. I will post again after that trip when I have more experience with the unit.

Happy camping!
divern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Aymmers

Thanks for posting! You must have the 342 model with the floor mounted table. Unfortunately they no longer offer that, and you can only have a freestanding table. It's the same table as the garage. I'm glad to hear you have been happy with your trailer. Anything you would change if you had the chance? Thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
divern54

Wow.....Keystone changed that design quickly. Do you know why? Anything we would change: Opt for the 2nd A/C. We just installed a 2nd. We would like more secure storage for the table top and table while underway. They do alot of damage flying around. We pull ours with a 2013 Chevy 2500 HD. Plenty of power, and the exhaust brake is great, I'm told.
divern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Aymmers

Angry

Yes, they definitely changed it quickly. I can't seem to get a straight answer as to why. They also eliminated the window valances which I'm not thrilled about either.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Shoes

Fuzion 342 table

I am just in the process of purchasing a 342 and am trying to force them to do something about that table before I lay my money down. Thought about fixing a heavier base to the table that can slide under the carpet of the slide and gain stability that way.

Very poor design for that table, other than that an awesome looking unit for the weight.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Shoes,

Be careful about sliding anything under the carpet flap on the slides. You have nylon guides that the slide moves on, rubber gaskets and some other "stuff" under there. At least get on your hands and knees and look under there at exactly what you're going to be pushing that heavy base up against before you decide that's the way you want to go.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
howdy
Permanent User Ban

We have the earlier version of the 342 which has the 3 pole dinette, but don't really plan on using it and have it stored under the bed in the front. We just plan on using the dinette in the garage. If the table they give you for the garage is anything like the table they give you for the dinette in the kitchen area now, I feel your pain. Its a silly, wobbly, narrow table.

I put ours up in the house attic and went down to Costco and bought a 6' table that folds in half for easier storage. Its longer, wide and stable. It will work real well in the garage for eating and playing games and cards. We are just planning on using the couch in the main part of the trailer as a couch and not try to make that our dining area.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Loriv247

I agree with howdy, grab a foldable table from Costco or Sam's club. My SIL has a Fuzion 322 and a bigger table works much better as its sturdy and you can put more things on it without having to play Tetris with your plates and cups. Furthermore, even though its a 6ft table, you can still maneuver around it no problem.
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
342, dinette, table