Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
crash

Garage heat in a toyhauler

Just wondering what you toyhauler guys heat your garage area with?We have a free standing electric wood stove heater from sams club 5100 btus and it does good and has the blower and flames on the front you can adjust to look at the simulated fire looks good at night with all the lights out and our side deck down and set up you can see it from outside ,really nice.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Htfiremedic

Ceramic and we have a tap in to the TH from the gas. It is beside the W/D hookup
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
T11ravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Just wondering what you toyhauler guys heat your garage area with?We have a free standing electric wood stove heater from sams club 5100 btus and it does good and has the blower and flames on the front you can adjust to look at the simulated fire looks good at night with all the lights out and our side deck down and set up you can see it from outside ,really nice.
Do you not have heat vents in the garage or are they not doing the job?
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
MNawman

I have a heat vent in the garage of my 42 ft Fuzion, buts its blocked by a tool chest. I had a propane line with a quick connect plumbed in so I can use a cat heater or small electic heater. My dad and brother slept in the garage on a recent trip to Raton NM in October and were quite comfortable. I leave the door open from the garage to the living area when someone sleeps back there. If using the cat heater, I keep it on low and crack a window or vent.
MNawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
flyinguy68

I have 1 forced air heat vent in my Fuzion, but it is the furthest from the heater and doesn't blow much air. There is supplemental heating from the heat strip on the AC, but it is on the ceiling, and blocked by the HappyJack beds when they are raised.

I just have a radiator style heater that I throw in there. I actually love this heater as it is silent.

'11 GMC 3500 Diesel Dually
'13 Keystone Fuzion 360
Toys to be hauled:
'08 Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT
'04 Honda 450 ES Foreman
'03 BMW K1200LT
flyinguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinguy68 View Post
I have 1 forced air heat vent in my Fuzion, but it is the furthest from the heater and doesn't blow much air. There is supplemental heating from the heat strip on the AC, but it is on the ceiling, and blocked by the HappyJack beds when they are raised.

I just have a radiator style heater that I throw in there. I actually love this heater as it is silent.
That's also us....heat strip never gets used, the heat vent just trickles very little heat. We just use a small electric heater also
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #7
aburns20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinguy68 View Post

This is interesting. After my first trip in my 2013 Fuzion 375, I returned to the dealer with some warranty issues. When they were working on one (Video line from DVD player to the TV), they noticed the heater vent line going to the garage was torn when the water tank was installed at the factory. There was also a recall on the thermostat control in the garage (wired wrong). I now have plenty of heat in my garage. Just a note, but the vent line can be accessed (seen) by removing the panel at the bottom of the cabinet under the DVD platform on the Fuzion 375.

Hope this helps.
aburns20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
crash

Yes ours has one small vent right by the washer dryer hook ups but it puts out very little heat and the heat strips dont help in temps under 40 degrees.I wish they would have put alittle more thought in to the design of the heating systems in the toyhauler garage area if they knew its going to be used as living space to.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
fzsilverado

I too own a 375, we use a oscillating heater in the garage. I took the trailer into the dealer after a trip as the A/C heater just did not push-out any heat. They had to reseal and tape the A/C, as it was letting all the heat air right back out the return. The dealership stated that the heat strip is only rated to temperatures in the 40's, anything lower and it will not help much. I think they said the max heat the A/C heater will put out is about 85. I would also check around your garage door, I was making the back beds and found a gaping hole (door not seated and sealed) towards the top of the door. I have not handled the issue just yet but it's on my to-do list. Own our last trip over the holidays, by using both it was very toasty in the garage area.

*off-topic* I have been looking for recall information but have not found any for my 2013.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #10
aburns20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzsilverado View Post
I too own a 375, we use a oscillating heater in the garage. I took the trailer into the dealer after a trip as the A/C heater just did not push-out any heat. They had to reseal and tape the A/C, as it was letting all the heat air right back out the return. The dealership stated that the heat strip is only rated to temperatures in the 40's, anything lower and it will not help much. I think they said the max heat the A/C heater will put out is about 85. I would also check around your garage door, I was making the back beds and found a gaping hole (door not seated and sealed) towards the top of the door. I have not handled the issue just yet but it's on my to-do list. Own our last trip over the holidays, by using both it was very toasty in the garage area.

*off-topic* I have been looking for recall information but have not found any for my 2013.
The only way I found out about the recall was through the dealer. I would check with them first. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
aburns20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #11
dave-g

I have ac vents in the garage but no heat vents. So +1 on a small electric heater.

In one of the above post some one was using non vented propane.

"I had a propane line with a quick connect plumbed in so I can use a cat heater or small electic heater. My dad and brother slept in the garage on a recent trip to Raton NM in October and were quite comfortable. I leave the door open from the garage to the living area when someone sleeps back there. If using the cat heater, I keep it on low and crack a window or vent.[/QUOTE]"

1. Don't do it. Most are not rated for bed room use.
2. If you must buy a digital carbon monoxide detector. Any reading over ZERO is bad. But they will not alarm till 100 ppm.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote