Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
golfcarter

outside speakers

Okay i just bought a 2007 Raptor 3600RL and I didn't receive a manual with the trailer so this will be the first of many questions to you people.

I turned on the factory radio and and the sound systems works great inside I just need to know how to make the outside speakers work. i do have a switch on the wall for the inside speakers on and off but nothing for the outside speakers ???

I also have a DVD player I beleive next to the factory alpine stereo is that stock for this type of unit?

The unit also has a trackvision satelite dome on the top of the unit can i just call direct Tv or Dish and have them come hook it up for me? If so where is a good location to put the satelite receiver.

Thank to everyone in advance.
golfcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
KanTC

Welcome golfcarter
Keystone owners manuals are fairly 'generic' (not model specific), and only include general info.
Appliance & component manuals would have been, separate, in the new owners packet.
Those manuals are typically available on the individual manufacturer websites now.

The closest model year owners manual in the archives is 2009... probably very similar to the 2007.
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/man..._7_15_2009.pdf

The Raptor brochure shows the Alpine stereo & a DVD player included in the 'entertainment pkg'.
2008 Brochure (2007 N/A), again probably very similar http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc.../Raptor_08.pdf

As a 'guess', your outside speakers may be controlled (on/off) via the stereo menu. Hopefully someone here has
the same stereo & a more specific answer

If you don't already have it, here's the specs page for your Raptor model
http://www.keyperformance-raptor.com...00RL&year=2007

I can't offer any info about the satellite, but there are several members here who can. You might
also try the forum 'search' feature, as there are several previous discussions & good info.

Hope this helps & happy trails.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
JoeofNSB

My outside speakers only work with the outside entertainment center. Somewhere down the line I may change that but I haven't yet. I don't have a switch to turn the inside speakers on and off so I can't be much help there.

My DVD player is actually a surround sound module that is Am/FM/DVD/CD and even allows the hookup of iPod and I'm not sure if mine is stock or a replacement.

I have to believe that since I have yet to find a unit that was equiped like mine that many of the used units had been changed eitehr by previous owners or dealers at the time of trade in.

Hopefully you will get some better help than the tiny bit I may have supplied!!!!

Best of luck and enjoy - sometimes the journey is half the fun!!!

Joe & Terri
2005 Raptor 3612DS ToyHauler "the Pearl"
2001 Ford F550 4X4 (or is that 4X6!!) 7.3L Crew Cab - "Jack Sparrow"
2010 Victory CrossCountry
2012 Bushtec Spartan trailer (behind Victory)
2006 Suzuki DR650
Trek EX8 Mountain Bike
Trek 7100 Hybrid
48" Penny Farthing Bike
Haro Sonix International Mountain Bike
Haro Sanford Road Bike with a B.O.B Trailer
JoeofNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
MEvans

Thumbs up Outside Speakers

I have an 09 Raptor 3600RL and I too had problems with the outside speakers. Dealer informed me I needed to adjust "REAR" speakers on Alpine Head Unit to turn outside speakers off. I knew that wasn't right so I began the search. It took me a while, but I finally located the switch. Try looking in your outside storage area. Mine was located in the crossthru compartment, mounted right next to the systems AMP. I have 2 switches, one to turn the AMP off and one for outside speakers. Good luck!! Mine is a 5th wheel like yours so hopefully this helped you!
MEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
Ruffus

Talking Peace and quiet

My outside speakers work great in my garage. I took them out and replaced them with haligon spot lights for when we are in bear country. Now I don't disturb my neighbors when camping when I accidently hit the wrong switch on the radio/cd player and they really like me when the bears show up like Old Stoney at Stoney creek in the California Sequoia NP.
Go Bears
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote