Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
flugelboneman

on command etc

Just acquired 27RES. iT controls everything with ON COMMAND console. On our maidend outing I was unsuccessful at controling anything thru ON COMMAND. Firstly it demands a password and after short time blocks you. Is there a way to save ur password so it does not cut you off after about 5 minutes. I realize its a learning curve but Jesus!!!! I was advised it is easier if you put On Command on bluetooth on ur phone. It would not pair with a Galaxy phone. Lucky we carried an electric heater cause we would have been uncomfortable without heat.

Second Idiot incident: Put coffee on this morning, forgot to lift glass over burner. Shattered glass everywhere. What a start! Absolutely my stupidity. Only one side of glass cover shattered. Otherside seems ok. Can you get half a glass top? Just askin. we may just go without as this kind of mistake is bound to happen again with people who are one step away from the nursing home.

I hope someone out there in Cougarland can ease my misery this fine June morning.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #2
wrvond

The In·Command system automatically shuts off after a few minutes - I don't remember how long - and you have to re-enter your password each time.
When you set your password it should have given you the option to save it. Otherwise, at least 99% of the dealers out there set the password to 0000 when they receive the unit.
Apparently you cannot purchase just the glass cover. The glass cover with the metal stove top is about $167.00 from etrailer:
https://www.etrailer.com/question-344394.html

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
RollaMo

As mentioned, the In Command display will shut off after a minute or two (not sure exactly how long).
Once the display goes blank, it will ask for a password to access again.

HOWEVER, in the settings there is an option to not not ask for that password.
I have mine set that way, so the display just works when touching it.

The default password is 0000 (4 zeros).
Note: Anytime you want to make a setting change, it will still ask for the password though.

Also, the phone app works the same way as the wall display.
By default it will ask for the password, but you can go into the setting and turn the password timer off.
The password is still there, it just won't ask for when accessing the functions.

I haven't turned off the password delay on my phone app, just the wall display.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Turning off the password prompt on your phone is a good way to risk a "perfect storm"... Imagine your trailer is in storage, you're in the office and "butt dial the trailer" and open the slides, crushing the trailer next to you as well as your own....

Is it probable? Not really, except that one time when it should have never happened.... but .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:07 PM   #5
flugelboneman

I know, it will probably never happen, but if it does it will happen to me. I guess you are using the cell phone as an example. I cant even pair the gd thing to my phone.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #6
M&M2

The manuals are good resource https://in-command.net/in-command-w-global-connect/

You can set display in RV not to time out and not require password. I have app to require password.

ASA customer support email is also very responsive if you need to contact them.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #7
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboneman View Post
I cant even pair the gd thing to my phone.
Lots of good info on YouTube that should help walk you through any issues you have.

Here are a few: