Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2022, 11:25 AM   #1
German Shepherd Guy

Finally got hooked into my septic system.

Been meaning to for awhile but finally adapted my septic tank so that the TT could hook into it.
Lots of company coming this summer from lower, hotter elevations and I have been wanting to make the TT totally usable for them.

I can get within 30 - 35 ft of the septic tank, and it is downhill from where I park. I built a long sluice to hold the hose and am going in thru the cleanout tube of the septic tank.

Guest coming tomorrow from southern AZ so will be nice to tell them everything works and this is your "hotel room" for the stay.

Grey water we just put back onto the land here in the high desert but Black water was a problem. Nearest dump station was 60 miles. Used to only be 9 miles but the town of Norwood, (pop. 500) decided to lock off the access two years ago.

Makes the TT so much more complete for company housing.

Can't imagine why but some company were a bit afraid to come into the house to use the facility's at night or early morning. 12 to 16 German Shepherds would go off at once when startled.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:17 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Been meaning to for awhile but finally adapted my septic tank so that the TT could hook into it.
Lots of company coming this summer from lower, hotter elevations and I have been wanting to make the TT totally usable for them.

I can get within 30 - 35 ft of the septic tank, and it is downhill from where I park. I built a long sluice to hold the hose and am going in thru the cleanout tube of the septic tank.

Guest coming tomorrow from southern AZ so will be nice to tell them everything works and this is your "hotel room" for the stay.

Grey water we just put back onto the land here in the high desert but Black water was a problem. Nearest dump station was 60 miles. Used to only be 9 miles but the town of Norwood, (pop. 500) decided to lock off the access two years ago.

Makes the TT so much more complete for company housing.

Can't imagine why but some company were a bit afraid to come into the house to use the facility's at night or early morning. 12 to 16 German Shepherds would go off at once when startled.
I have two round manhole cover looking plastic/vinyl covers over my tanks. They are green about 2 1/2' across. I drilled a large hole in the first (where stuff dumps initially) and installed a fitting just like the campgrounds use. My tank lid is about 25' and above the tank a bit. Works fine.

We currently have 9 dogs in our house who all sleep in the bedroom with missus and me. Those under 15 lbs or so are on the bed and those over (ranging 35 lbs to 120 lbs) are on beds on the floor. My wife loves dogs and I love my wife.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote