Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
shelby_sho

Furrion backup camera display unit

Went for a quick weekend fall colors camping trip and found my backup camera display dead. Looks like maybe a cracked screen. Neither of my kids looked guilty, but I'm wondering if it got stepped on.

Furrion FOD43TA-BL.

Any chance parts are available for these if I take it apart?

Anyone moved up to a better unit and want to sell their old display?

If no to both above, I'm going to have to read through the 100s of threads on backup cameras and pick one...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	70
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	36854  
shelby_sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
meaz93*

I have the same unit on my Outback.....the 360 Observation Camera.
It works great, but I know their are better units on the market....sooo maybe step up to a newer unit?
Otherwise just comb Facebook Marketplace, Google, Offer Up etc...
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby_sho View Post
Went for a quick weekend fall colors camping trip and found my backup camera display dead. Looks like maybe a cracked screen. Neither of my kids looked guilty, but I'm wondering if it got stepped on.

Furrion FOD43TA-BL.

Any chance parts are available for these if I take it apart?

Anyone moved up to a better unit and want to sell their old display?

If no to both above, I'm going to have to read through the 100s of threads on backup cameras and pick one...

I’d call furrian customer support..never know they may send you a new one if you send back the old one and explain what happened..it’s worth a shot or they may repair it for less then a new one
Old 11-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
Customer1

If you need to replace it I'm happy with my Haloview 7108 which was half the money of Furrion and records.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #5
Mikendebbie

I have used the same model camera and monitor faithfully since we got the rig, but on this last trip I found myself wanting something with better resolution. It looks too much like the world looks when I don’t wear my glasses…a bit fuzzy and not clear. However, better resolution is not worth the $500-$600 for a new better Furrion. I have not found a recommendation from one of these forums yet. Looking at Amazon and there are lots of choices but I need one that is compatible with the Furrion power plug and camera mount, plus one that will stay connected with my 40’ RV plus about 10’ to the cab dash mount.

I found one website (don’t remember the brand) that let you “build” a system…basic system $150…Furrion compatible power…add $$…Furrion mount adapter add $$$…90’ wireless range…add $$…7” display add $$$. By the time I was done it was close to $400 if I recall. I don’t know that higher resolution is worth that much, not without recommendations and real life stories from Fellow RVers in these forums. $200 or less feels about right for my needs. If I could find a system like that I would just mail you my monitor.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
shelby_sho

For grins I took the screen out. Easy enough. Any electronics experts out there know where to find one of these?

I googled the numbers but no matches.
On the back of the screen: FTD430P31-8ST62 170918A
On the connector ribbon: FTD430CP51-J03

Digikey has many many 4.3" screens ranging in cost from $10 to more than a thousand dollars. I don't know enough about what I'm looking at to pick one that's compatible. If it was <$30 I might give it a try.

I also reached out to Furrion, but I'm not expecting much if anything from them. It's likely out of warranty.

A complete Haloview mc7109 system with display and camera is the same price as a used Furrion display....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8221.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	36885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8224.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	36886  
shelby_sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #7
jasin1

I previously had the garmin wireless camera for my rv gps…it was glitchy because of the distance between camera and receiver.

I purchased this one from Amazon. ..it has a wireless transmitter that I mounted to the front Ac unit on the roof…you have a wire that runs back to the rear view camera

I ran the wire in a straight line on the roof and put a little dab of dicor to hold it to the roof…..I do have a small section of wire that’s visible from the roof to the rear camera…( it comes with a furrian mount adapter)

I thought it would bother me seeing that little section of wire but having a steady perfect picture every time I look at the display screen makes it worth it

Some people mount the transmitter in the front storage and run the wire underneath ..I guess you could drill up through the wall plate and fish the wire up to the mount location but it’s really not that annoying to me and I’m a stickler for detail on vehicles
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	131D98AA-C69E-4F25-ADE3-0A607E3254F0.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	36887  
Old 11-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #8
JDDilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I previously had the garmin wireless camera for my rv gps…it was glitchy because of the distance between camera and receiver.

I purchased this one from Amazon. ..it has a wireless transmitter that I mounted to the front Ac unit on the roof…you have a wire that runs back to the rear view camera

I ran the wire in a straight line on the roof and put a little dab of dicor to hold it to the roof…..I do have a small section of wire that’s visible from the roof to the rear camera…( it comes with a furrian mount adapter)

I thought it would bother me seeing that little section of wire but having a steady perfect picture every time I look at the display screen makes it worth it

Some people mount the transmitter in the front storage and run the wire underneath ..I guess you could drill up through the wall plate and fish the wire up to the mount location but it’s really not that annoying to me and I’m a stickler for detail on vehicles
I got a similar Haloview with the side cameras. I really like it.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:35 AM   #9
Roper46

I also have the Haloview. But I have the Haloview RD10 model. This model comes with a monitor that fits over the rear view mirror. I got this one because you don't use the inside rear view mirror when towing and I didn't want another monitor on my dash.

This model also has a forward view dash cam that records, as does the rear camera. You can see the dash cam sticking out on the left side of the monitor. I don't use this dash cam as I prefer the one on my Garmin RV785 GPS that is also on the dash.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210825_114143.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	36894  
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote