Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
pakuma

Black tank overflow

I did a bad. I connected the city water to the blank tank flush instead of the correct input and walked away. When my wife said we had on water pressure in the trailer I went and check and discovered my error. There was water pouring out to belly of the trailer. I called the Dealer Service and the Service Manager said that I might own the hose or a seal and I made an appointment for when we got home. Got home dumped the black tank flushed it, filled it completely up and no leak now. Is there some kind of pressure relief on top of the black tank to prevent blowing the tank by some owner's dumb mistake?
2013 297RKWS

Thank you,
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
bobbecky

The tanks on these are ABS, molded bottom section with a flat top bonded to the bottom, and this seam tends to come apart under pressure and will leak. There are no relief valves. If you manage to keep the fluid level in that tank less than full, you should be OK, otherwise a replacement tank may be in your future.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
GHen

I could be wrong, but the black tank has a vent out the roof. It also could be the connected to same vent as the gray tanks. A full black tank could push water up the vent then into the gray tanks.

Did the water level increase in the gray tank also?
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank