Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
meaz93*

Bedroom Floor Heat Vent

Temps camping in the mornings down to °39-°41. Noticed that the bedroom heat temp was at around 10°+ lower than the main living at 75°-°81. Touched the floor vents and they were not very hot?
So went through the checklist; fuses, any obstruction to vents, any dirt or cobwebs in vent cover , inspect outside exhaust vent, propane level, reset furnace switch , etc.
Than I take the furnace vent cover / front panel off and inspect. Than I notice the reversed hose clamps? I mean I get it...a lot of the cabinetry at the factory is not installed before pipes and water lines, yet their is little regard for easy access to removal / adjustment of said clamps to furnace pipes?
Also noticed the metal flange adapters to furnace were very loose and of course clamps to vent flexible pipe.
Tightened and adjusted everything....funny how a little prevent maintenance can give you peace of mind?
Tonight it will drop to high °30's....hope that minor adjustment makes a difference?Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_100925.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	36181Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_094505.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	36182Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_094455.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	36183
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
Canonman

Like you, our bedroom vent has very little flow. I've checked from the plenum and discover that there are 3 ducts. Living area, bedroom bathroom and underbelly. Everything seems tight and my only guess as to why the bedroom bathroom vents have noticeably less flow is that they are further away from the furnace.
I'd like to know from those with more HVAC experience if this is normal or should I be looking further as we are headed into some colder camping areas.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL7019.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	525.5 KB
ID:	36186  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Like you, our bedroom vent has very little flow. I've checked from the plenum and discover that there are 3 ducts. Living area, bedroom bathroom and underbelly. Everything seems tight and my only guess as to why the bedroom bathroom vents have noticeably less flow is that they are further away from the furnace.
I'd like to know from those with more HVAC experience if this is normal or should I be looking further as we are headed into some colder camping areas.
Thanks
The flex duct could be pinched closed or have a tear in it..with just three? ducts I can’t imagine the little bit of extra footage to the bedroom would cause the difference your describing…try turning it on fan only and block off one or more other registers and see if it noticeably increases
Old 10-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #4
Canonman

I've installed closeable registers in the living area. Closing them makes some difference but not much. I've inspected the flex duct where I can see it and it looks ok. No rips or kinks. No way to close or isolate the underbelly duct that I can find. I'll try again and see if I can find anything causing a blockage.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
slow

Bedroom Floor Heat Vent

Mine had a flexible duct hose about 3 feet long and shaped like a S to the bedroom register from the main under floor rectangular duct. I replaced the flex duct with elbows and straight duct and it made a huge difference. There is no temp difference between the bedroom and main area.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, floor, heat, vent