Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
gearhead

TST tire monitor

I can't believe I'm on here telling this story.
I ordered the TST 507 tire pressure monitoring system back in March or April while we were on the road. Started setting it up while overnighting somewhere. I got so frustrated I decided to just wait until I got home. I could barely see anything on the monitor. Called tech support and he walked me through it although I told him I could barely see anything happening. Afterwards I decided I didn't have any confidence in it and would call them back asking to swap for the black and white unit. I finally called them today and talked to Jim, the chief tech rep. I told him I couldn't see anything on the screen. Jim says....I know why...see that real small black tab on the top right of the screen? No. Look close. Oh yeah I see it. Jim says to pull it and the screen protector will come off. Ah ha. Much better. I can see things.
So now I'll check the programming and try it on the next trip, whenever that is.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
BubbaShoots

The TST is a real pain to program or, at least a big learning curve. Once I got it programmed, it would not connect. I left it on, sitting on the trailer steps for 15 minutes. When I came back, it had synced to all tires. Regardless of the difficulties, I now love this thing especially since I don’t have to get on my old knees and check the tire pressure frequently. I still do the occasional check with a gauge but, because I have difficulty accepting all this new-fangled technology.
WeighSafe True Tow WDH
SoftStart on both AC’s, 2 Honda 2200 generators connected in parallel
Retired, 1 wife, 2 dogs
BubbaShoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:29 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I ordered the TST 507 tire pressure monitoring system back in March or April while we were on the road. Started setting it up while overnighting somewhere. I got so frustrated I decided to just wait until I got home. I could barely see anything on the monitor. Called tech support and he walked me through it although I told him I could barely see anything happening. Afterwards I decided I didn't have any confidence in it and would call them back asking to swap for the black and white unit. I finally called them today and talked to Jim, the chief tech rep. I told him I couldn't see anything on the screen. Jim says....I know why...see that real small black tab on the top right of the screen? No. Look close. Oh yeah I see it. Jim says to pull it and the screen protector will come off. Ah ha. Much better. I can see things.
So now I'll check the programming and try it on the next trip, whenever that is.

Bet it works much better for you now!! Funny thing; just bought a new washer for DW. They came and installed it and left (I wasn't here). She went in to use it and came complaining to me that she couldn't see the control panel - the numbers were too dark....AND, WHY does that front panel look dark blue over the stainless steel? Is it discolored? Honey, (I reach up to the corner of the "blue" and start peeling it off) it's the protective film over the panel....."Well! Someone should have told me!!" She can see hers now too!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
notanlines

Our friends in another RV park used their new TV for months before their cleaning lady found the protective sheeting. Brent, we both got a big laugh out of your episode.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #5
gearhead

The protective cover had a schematic on it just like what you would see on the screen. I could just barely see the lights come on through the cover.
I asked the tech rep if that was in the instructions...No.
Gotta be able to laugh at yourself every once in a while.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:15 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
The protective cover had a schematic on it just like what you would see on the screen. I could just barely see the lights come on through the cover.
I asked the tech rep if that was in the instructions...No.
Gotta be able to laugh at yourself every once in a while.
I purchased the TST 507 with 4 sensors. Followed the directions and had no issues. I liked it so much that I ordered 2 more sensors for the spare tires. I could not get them to pair up with the monitor. Sent tech support an email thinking they were defective and they called me.

Tech Support said let’s try programming them from the start. I’m thinking this is a waste of time as I know how to read and follow directions. But ok, I’ll go through the steps to get the RMA. So we get to pairing and she says “hold the sensor to the bottom of the screen AT THE CENTER of the screen”. But hold on, the instructions say to hold it at the lower corner of the screen. She said “we found it works better at the center”. So I follow her direction and it worked. I went on their website and the online directions say center, not left. Going forward, I’ll check out the online instructions and compare to the printed ones and note any discrepancies.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:10 AM   #7
gearhead

^^Thanks. I think I'm having the same issue.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #8
JSisemoreTX

Quote:

LOl...great story. I just bought the GUTA tpms system....using for 1st time next week on our 18 day trip to Glacier NP, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Also upgraded to Transeagle tires....
JSisemoreTX is offline   Reply With Quote