Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2021, 04:29 AM   #21
JimWbbr

Had a 3800# Passport I pulled with a Taco (but w/WDH). No problem. But upgraded to a half-ton for my Cougar 22rbs. The Taco had a 6500# tow capacity.
JimWbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #22
notanlines

“ and a small bobcat in the bed. ”
I liked that one!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:00 AM   #23
Ken / Claudia

The way to reason with them. Almost everyone when confronted with bad/wrong illegal stuff will defend, not listen. On the road I try to stay away from an accident just waiting to happen. Pass when possible or hang back to not be involved in the crash.
When working I tried to explain what's wrong and how to improve, sometimes, many times a ticket issued would help. Mainly to cover my butt if they killed someone further down the road. Having them use my name and saying the trooper did nothing to stop me. Will that's worth a 200,000 dollar tort claim against me and the state.
In this truck/trailer combo, I am not sure it's over loaded, it maybe, but it needs WDH. If seen at the campground or rest stop. If anything was said, it would be like this. "That combo will pull a lot better with a WDH system." If the driver wants to talk and ask why, tell them.
My experience is the answers are about the same on here, "it tows just fine, I have never had a problem. I don't care, we only drive a few miles."
We can't fix stupid, police try to everyday and we still have roadway deaths, I think it's every few minutes 24/7 nation wide.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #24
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
Glad y'all get my sarcastic remarks. The mrs just stares at me half the time. She either doesnt get it or shes wondering why she puts up with me

Oh come on Weldon, you know she gets it.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #25
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Oh come on Weldon, you know she gets it.
I plead the 5th!!!

Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote