Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2020, 06:37 PM   #21
LERD

My Sprinter is much older, 2007. Back then it was still called Copper Canyon by Sprinter. I think they were close to the same quality as Cougars back then. However, my rig is not luxury. But for it size, it had the same build quality with larger capacities. Bigger Gray, black and fresh water and cargo capacity. So it's more a bang for your buck type of rig. Certainly not a bad choice at all. As good as a Cougar, well that depends on your own criteria for an RV. But now the Cougar is more luxurious than it was in 2007
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #22
tomd

We have a 2017 Sprinter, and love it for the floor plan. It does have nice features like self leveling and lounge chairs, important for us. We use it often and enjoy it very much. Looks great and has good storage for kitchen and outside. Nearly all units have the same appliances in my experience, capacity/size may vary.

Regarding the 'build' quality. I am not happy about that and have spent much on upgrades and fixes. Starting with a little broken support bracket that held dump valve, causing leaky valve. Then needed a better bed because original was horrible. New cabinet knobs, sanded door edges, lots of little things... Biggest issue was 5 screws held water tank in place, they sheared and tank dropped.
On the plus side, nice wheels, axles and self leveling is awesome, don't get anything without that. Newer is better, as you will find 'wear out' from age is real on RVs.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:27 AM   #23
Bugsmema

Do you have the kitchen in the front? Never saw Sprinter rvs in 17, but sure love our RV. Just wondering which floor plan you have, is it a 5er or pull along?
Ours is pull along FKS333. Has two refrigerators which is heaven.
Bugsmema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:06 AM   #24
Dadwoolery

@ WIREDGEORGE, Concur :-)
2000 Ford F350 DRW, 7.3 Powerstroke
Dadwoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #25
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
My Sprinter is much older, 2007. Back then it was still called Copper Canyon by Sprinter. I think they were close to the same quality as Cougars back then. However, my rig is not luxury. But for it size, it had the same build quality with larger capacities. Bigger Gray, black and fresh water and cargo capacity. So it's more a bang for your buck type of rig. Certainly not a bad choice at all. As good as a Cougar, well that depends on your own criteria for an RV. But now the Cougar is more luxurious than it was in 2007
Well for back in the day, when we were looking to go larger, we found two keystone rigs that had the same floor plan we liked both 2005's. One was a Copper Canyon by Sprinter, the other was a Keystone Montana. They were both about 250 miles from our house, in opposite directions. The dealer with the Montana was firm with his price, the Sprinter was willing to deal. We went for the Sprinter, and have been very happy with it.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #26
LERD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well for back in the day, when we were looking to go larger, we found two keystone rigs that had the same floor plan we liked both 2005's. One was a Copper Canyon by Sprinter, the other was a Keystone Montana. They were both about 250 miles from our house, in opposite directions. The dealer with the Montana was firm with his price, the Sprinter was willing to deal. We went for the Sprinter, and have been very happy with it.
And you've had it since it was new? That's a testament to your ability for good maintenance! I think I'm the second owner and I've had to fix some roof and rear wall damage. An older couple owned it before us and took good care of the inside. But I think they had someone else maintain the roof, so that's where I found some areas of needed attention.
I do like our rig, I just wish the bedroom area was just a bit bigger. If I ever get to the point where I don't ever conk my head on the ceiling anymore, I would keep it much longer.
But my next rig will require a bigger TV, so I'm going to wear out this RV and TV first. At least another year and a half till retirement!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:34 PM   #27
tomd

Our sprinter is a 5th wheel with a rear lounge, mid kitchen, bedroom is front.

Tags
cougar, sprinter