Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #1
Donr

Laredo 29rl

I have two questions to ask and maybe someone can help me I'm looking to replace the battery on my Laredo 29rl could you tell me what the proper battery to get for it it only has one battery second question it has 15 inch tires what ply would be the best ply it currently has 4 ply.
Donr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Do a forum search for "Battery" or "Battery Power" or "Replacement Battery" and enough "reading material" will come up to keep you busy for hours. Essentially, the question "which battery" can't be answered by a single brand, size or type. It depends on what you use the battery to do. If you dry camp extensively, then the battery selection would be significantly different than if you never dry camp. Same goes with available space in your battery storage area. If you're limited, then you can't upgrade to a dual battery setup as easily. Much depends on you, how you use your trailer and what you want from your replacement battery.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
Canonman

John is absolutely right. A single group 24 battery is ok if you don't expect to dry camp or boon-dock. That is to say if you plan to always be in parks with power hook ups one group 24 battery will be sufficient. On the other hand if you expect to get out and camp without hook ups then I'd suggest upgrading to two batteries. Group 24 will work but if space allows 2 group 27's or 2 6v golf cart batteries would be better.
As for tires, on a trailer of your size go load range E, 10 ply ST 225 75 R15 LR E. You don't mention the year of the Laredo but it likely came with load range D tires. 4 ply tires would be woefully under sized for your trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2188 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	17546  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo