Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
pdbauhs

air conditioner issue

Hello,

New to this forum,
I have a Montana High Country 345RL I has to air conditioners, WE cant get the RV below 80 degrees in when the outside air is 85-90 degree.
The front blow hard the back larger air conditioner doesn't seem to.

They are blowing 25-30 degrees cooler than the outside temp.

Had it at CW 2 times and they insist everything is fine. I have never had an RV that would cool down.

Any thoughts
pdbauhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Pull Toy

As a rule, if you can keep the interior ten degrees cooler than outside, you're doing good. The lower humidity inside is the difference. There are a few tricks....

1. Make sure any, or all of your ductwork is moving air efficiently. Check for proper connections, and no kinks in flex hose.

2. Try to park as much in the shade as possible. If you have an option, morning sun is not as hot as 2:00pm sun.

3. I have found that wetting down the roof helps in a quicker cool down.

4. Keep a few small cheap fans around to create a breeze, and move cooler air into the warmish areas.

Another thing that we have done is to put plexi glass in the lower half of our screen door and use the little latch slider door to pass thing out or in. It's amazing how fast you can dump cold air when the door is open. (The coldest air is at the floor) To keep air dumps to a minimum, it helps.

Also be aware that some bedroom a/c units have an optional air dump to move maximum air directly into the front bedroom, instead of the ducting. Noisy, but effective for fast cool down.

My album has pictures of the two options on my Dometic.

Good Luck, and Welcome to the crew from CT,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Do a search on the forum for "Amazing AC improvement ". A good read with lots of ideas on your issue.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner