Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2017, 06:06 AM   #1
hexmex357

Visiting Black Hills, Yellow stone and Mount Zion Utah

I am taking a camping tour this summer to some great national parks! Traveling from Chicago I am little worried about the grades on the roads I will be facing with my setup. Especially returning from Mount Zion going through Denver. I have a Ford F150 V8 3.33 gears and Keystone 2810BH. I have the weight distribution and sway control hitch. KO2 D rated tires and brake controller. If anyone here has experienced with the same setup has traveled through Denver let me about your experience so I can prepare my self.

2017Passport 2810BH
2017 F-250 6.7L Diesel 4X4
Pro-pride Hitch
hexmex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #2
Tbos

I have the same TT and used to tow with a 1500 Silverado with 3:43 rear end. If you are within all the weight limits for the truck and TT and everything is well maintained and good working order I would think you might be ok. I would definitely take it easy and don't push the envelope. Watch your water and transmission temps and take breaks as needed. There are others here from CO and UT so maybe they can shed some light on it for you. Good luck and have a safe enjoyable trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
hexmex357

Thanks Tbos! When I was buying my truck I knew it could handle the weight but didn't know about the length of the trailer. Truck is pretty much Brand new so no worries there. I thought of another option was to just drive threw New Mexico and then coming back up to Chicago that way.

2017Passport 2810BH
2017 F-250 6.7L Diesel 4X4
Pro-pride Hitch
hexmex357 is offline   Reply With Quote