Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
donnie_o8

slide out cable off pulley

Brought the TT home today and was getting it DE winterized.....things were going good. I left for about 15 minutes (beer run) and the wife decided to help me. I come home and she got the slide open and is in there doing her thing.....no big deal yet....so I got done doing what I had to do and was cleaning up my tools and mess so she yells to me "do you want me to close the slide out?" I said yes. We are gonna leave in the morning and I'm all done in there. So she starts to close it and I hear this loud POP... "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?" I go out there she says 'I don't know what that was" pushes the button and the slide goes the rest of the way closed. I start snooping around and see the drive chain on one side real loose and find that one of the cables jumped the pulley. So The question is...Should I fool with this or is it more than what I see here? And if I did try to monkey with it the only way I see to do anything is to open the slide out back up. Does anyone have any experience with these slide outs? Any advice? Or do I take it to a dealer? Its a 2012 Passport Grand Touring 3100rk.....
We need a bigger truck!!

donnie_o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe your slide is a BAL system. This is a link to the service manual. It's not a Keystone manual, but it has all the information on adjusting your slide and on reinstalling the cable onto the pulley system and making sure it's adjusted properly.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...ice-manual.pdf

Good Luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote