Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #21
SKSCCI

Walk before you run

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Ah yes but then I still get no experience pulling or parking it. Can't have a professional mover every time we camp.
That's not what I am saying.

When you learned to first drive a car, I am sure that you did not get right onto the interstate and have a go.
You eased into it.
You probably first practiced in a limited traffic environment, probably a large parking lot.
Then, as your confidence and experience increased, so did the extent and locations where you drove, eventually working your way up to congested traffic areas, high speed freeways, etc.

Towing a TT is no different.
You need to learn to walk before you run.
All I am saying that that maybe your first experience should not be an endurance run.
Get it delivered to your home where you can then have the opportunity to gain the experience needed.

However, whatever works for you as long as you drive safely and do not endanger yourself or others.

Regards,
Steve.

"Silver Shadow" 2012 F250 Turbo Diesel Lariat Ultimate Crew Cab
Ranch Hand Legend Bumpers and ARE MX Topper
2014 Keystone Passport 195
SKSCCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #22
Ken / Claudia

Another point, we do not know if this is being picked up at a dealer. So, if that is the case, have someone show you how to hook it up and have them drive around on city streets showing you (as you are sitting in front passenger seat) how the truck/trailer handles. If they can explain what and why they are doing as the drive happens would will see first hand and be able to ask questions.
I have found that reading or talking about doing something you never have done before helps. But, I have found after learning in the classroom and than driving on the track are 2 different things. Myself like many others still hit the walls on high speed turns, we were told how not to but, still did until a few laps. Practice, practice, practice and have a good plan. That's how to avoid accidents.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #23
Desert185

Perhaps someone on this forum who lives in the OP's area could volunteer to assist in the ride home. I would, but distance prevents that.

Just trying to be neighborly...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote