Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
xnman

TV Wiring diagram

I just bought an Alpine 2013 3555 RL. I am trying to hook up a Dish 500 antenna with a 722 DVR and use the tv in the living room and the tv in the bedroom. I have tried many things and cannot get the tv in the bedroom to work with dish.

I have 3 coax receptacles in the living room and two by the tv in the bedroom. Through testing, I found that one receptacle, in bedroom, is for air, and one receptacle in living room is for air and another in living room is for dish tv or cable. That leaves one receptacle in living room and one receptacle in bedroom that seem to do nothing. I hooked dish to these and nothing happened.

Is there a wiring diagram that I can get for this trailer?
Does someone who has a 2013 Alpine 3555 RL know how they got around this problem?

Wife does like to watch Fox News through out the trailer.

I figure it's something simple.... probably my simpleton mind. but I would be apprciative of any suggestions, etc. Thanks
xnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Unfortunately, there are no schematics of any kind available for any Keystone RV from either Keystone or its dealers.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
xnman

Ok, no wiring schematics. Any way to call the factory to find out about wiring?
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/ima...s/confused.gif
Old 11-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
MarkS

I don't think Keystone will supply any schematics or much help. You can use a tool like this to help trace where the cables go.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools...058/202520424/

I can post a schematic that I made for my trailer, but yours sounds different.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
therink

Try removing the antenna booster from wall / ceiling (wherever it is mounted). There is most likely one or two coaxial splitters hanging there in the wall/ ceiling cavity thatacts llike the hub for all coax outlets in the trailer. Once you identify what/where each cable goes, you should be able to modify the cables to be compatible with your satellite receivers. The satellite signal will not travel through cables that have splitters or are anyway tied into the rv antenna circuit.
I have successfully been able to install and run two different satellite TV receivers in my rig using the factory installed coax. Just had to use barrel connectors to bypass the splitters at the booster location.
Good luck, Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
xnman

Personally, I think it's a rotten deal to spend so much money on a trailer or rv and not be able to get schematics, etc. about the trailer. Today, I am calling Keystone, hoping someone knows something.

I appreciate all you guys thoughts. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
abneynormal

this is how mine is

my 3912 came with a cable coax and a satellite coax for the living room tv only. the cable hook up goes to the front bedroom where the tv plate with the switching unit for your antennae is. if you remove the plate it has 2 coaxial inputs and one output that goes to the splitter which is crammed in that hole. NOW! if you want to go exclusively satellite you can bypass the antennae. put your receiver at your satellite output in the living room use the cable from the splitter as a cable from the sat box and put that cable into the splitter input and you will have satellite for all tvs. note you could still use your antennae on the bedroom tv. I hope this helps
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
slewis95407

XNMAN

I have the same set up 722 receiver. For the second TV I connected tv2 coaxial (F-connector) from the receiver to the air connector, at TV2 location connect air to the tv input. Turn antenna amplifier off.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logan, tv wiring