Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
mg0427

Key pad wont work

We have a 2014 Alpine 3495FL and our keyless entry quit working. It still lights up sometimes but not always. Does anyone know where the battery is? I'm thinking that might fix it. Thanks.
mg0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
LZScout

When mine quit working on my Alpine, I just needed to replace the batteries. Access them from the inside of the door. I found that when I replaced them, the code had returned to the factory default code.

Sent from my iPhone

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
howard

key pad

mg,
There is a button cell in the keypad on ours, although the pad was replaced under warranty. It would not turn off. Check to see if it is lit at night. It light is very dim. The keypad is attached to the RV with double sided tape.
There have been several posts about the keyless entry including mine. I'd recommend you call Keystone Customer Service and have them PDF you a complete set of directions (there are lots of pages) so if you ever have to reprogram the entire unit you have them. The actual unit is located within the exterior coach door and you must remove the plastic trim ring around the window. It is accessed from the inside (not outside) of the door. If the coach battery goes dead and you are not plugged in you will have to reprogram the unit, so best to have the directions.
howard
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
mg0427

Thanks for the replies, I called Keystone they were very helpful, it was the battery in the keypad that needed to be replaced, works like new, and even got it reprogrammed
mg0427 is offline   Reply With Quote