Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Outbackmel

Generator desires...

Need some feed back on generators being used. Getting older (and weaker) need something that will power a 5er when at races, beach etc. I have been shopping and am thoroughly confused.

Considering the dual Honda companion units. Saw something at a show a year ago that allows both to run longer? Extended, dual feeder fuel tank. Concerned about THEFT. Smaller units seem to be prone to having legs. I was told at races, people have reported, even with huge chains, handles broken and units stolen. Not a desirable experience.

There has been a proliferation of promoting larger single generators out there.
Wondering how experience has been. If that's what I need,I am willing to have my rear bumper removed and a heavy duty, carrier style, bumper made and welded to the frame. I am also concerned with venting. At age 70, I cannot be lifting and dragging some super duty unit up, down and around.

Our RV is a 36ft triple slide, singe air...

Let me hear from you....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
35mastr

You can do what Bushman here on this site did. Add a rear hitch and put a Honda EU3000IS back there and not need to ever move it. Its secured and would take a really good thief to remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002[1].jpg
Views:	114
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2097  
[B]Honda 3000IS
35mastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
BadDogWillie

I too am looking for generators. The sad part is one is way too heavy. When talking generators, you can get a 4000 watt starting at est $400. But whe you mention RV. the price jumps to $1500 or more also when weight goes down price goes up.
I am surrendering to the two small Honda 2000 for the weight factor and the reliability of the units.
Just Saying you know.
BadDogWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

A couple of members have the Boliy generator and have been very pleased with it. If you are still looking, check out the website (www.boliygenerator.com). It has excellent reviews and is a bit cheaper than the Honda.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Dwighop

I love my boliy. Got the extended tank adapter installed just 30 minutes from me which makes it a lot longer run.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Bushman512000

pay now or later

I will not say what not to buy so I will also not say what to buy lol But remember down the road Will it keep running?I have got the battery in mine that it came with in 2004...same plug also...Running great and I use it a lot change the oil every fall on syn.oil....heavy old gen....Love the purr sound and never had any one say it is loud...Bushman...
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote