Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Diesel Dude

Satellite help please

Ok bought a winnguard carryout connected it to the sat/cable connection on the outside of the trailer. no signal inside the trailer

I have a Laredo 303 it has a front swivel tv and a rear tv for the rear bunk. The front tv has one coax coming from the floor directly into the tv. No junction box like our motor home.

The rear bunkhouse tv has a antenna booster connection and a separate unlabeled plate that has 2 coax plugs in it and a coax cable going from the top connector to the bottom. I'm guessing I need to do something here to switch from antenna to sat but what?

I was planning on having the sat box at the front tv is this still possible?
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
hsquared44

If it's like our Alpine, it does not come set up for satellite. There is a coax connector (actually two in our coach) in the cabinet containing the pop up tv. However, it is not available in the cabinet above the tv so you will have to run a coax to where ever you want to locate a satellite receiver and then run a cable, usually HDMI, from your receiver to the TV. The walls in our unit are fairly hollow so running cables is not too hard.
hsquared44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
CarKath

Quote:
If it's like our Alpine, it does not come set up for satellite.
My Alpine came sat ready and was plug and play on a basic level. Screw on coax , aim dish (I use a dish on a tripod), watch tv.

My personal best guess to your problem is cables are cross connected somewhere. I read something about that here. Site search it. What you you trying to do should work. 1 feed is 1 feed no matter what it is, cable, sat or whatever.
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
jsmith948

Can't speak to satelite connections, but, on our Cougar, we have to disconnect the cable "jumper" on the panel next to the Winegard panel and then connect the T.V. to one of those terminals in order to use campground cable
Don't know if that will help

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
azlee56

I've been wondering about all this. How do you all get satelite. What packages are available for the Arizona area? Told you I was new to this! We dry camp a lot and sometimes it would be nice to turn on the generator (ok, do a quick pull) and have an assortment to watch.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
35mastr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
I've been wondering about all this. How do you all get satelite. What packages are available for the Arizona area? Told you I was new to this! We dry camp a lot and sometimes it would be nice to turn on the generator (ok, do a quick pull) and have an assortment to watch.
I dont know if you have Dish Network in your area. But they offer a Pay As You Go Now. You only pay when you need to use it. For years I just paid the extra 5 bucks for the extra receiver that I would leave in my coach. But might try this new option when we get are new 5ver. Been a Dish customer for over 12 years and been happy with them at home and on the road.
35mastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Jim W

Check out this link, in this link they also discuss the satellite issue and how to connect.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5493
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Diesel Dude

Thanks Jim that's a helpful post.
Diesel Dude is offline   Reply With Quote