Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2022, 05:00 PM   #1
Motox_727

AC Damaged

Adding an additional AC to my 27reswe

Anyone ever use rvpartscountry to order parts?

I had an AC show up today from them that is pretty banged up from shipping and it’s missing other pieces of the order. Customer service is closed until Monday and I’m feeling pretty bad about the ordeal after spending nearly $1,000 to get it and reading many of negative reviews about the same exact issue not being resolved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EDE441B5-CDC7-4C7F-907D-B7E56FBC6CEA.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	37958  
Motox_727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
markcee

Sorry for your bad experience. I also have nothing good to say about them.

I bought a 2nd A/C from them in May 2020. The A/C unit was shipped but showed no further tracking movement after arriving at my local UPS depot. I tried to get RV Parts Country to check into this but got no response. After 10 days or so I filed the required 'lost package' claim with UPS. UPS ultimately declared the package lost after a couple more weeks and stated that I would need to recoup my money from RV Parts Country and that RV Parts Country (as the shipper) could seek reimbursement from UPS. I ran into another brick wall trying to contact them....again no response.

Luckily I had paid with American Express and reached out to them and they reversed the charge immediately. RV Parts Country never contested it, so at least there's that.

Obviously I will never deal with them again.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Sorry for your bad experience. I also have nothing good to say about them.

I bought a 2nd A/C from them in May 2020. The A/C unit was shipped but showed no further tracking movement after arriving at my local UPS depot. I tried to get RV Parts Country to check into this but got no response. After 10 days or so I filed the required 'lost package' claim with UPS. UPS ultimately declared the package lost after a couple more weeks and stated that I would need to recoup my money from RV Parts Country and that RV Parts Country (as the shipper) could seek reimbursement from UPS. I ran into another brick wall trying to contact them....again no response.

Luckily I had paid with American Express and reached out to them and they reversed the charge immediately. RV Parts Country never contested it, so at least there's that.

Obviously I will never deal with them again.

Thanks Mark for further insight into this. As we all try to get material (things) for our RVs we reach to some vendors we know nothing about (I know I do). I will know to dodge these folks.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:38 PM   #4
rhagfo

Too late for this experience, but I have had very good luck with PPL Motor Homes.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Google "rvpartscountry.org reviews". There are a lot of reviews on several sites; mostly positive. I buy all my major stuff from pplmotorhomes.com - reason is that it gets here fast and have never had anything come in damaged but that might just be my experience.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:05 AM   #6
Bob Landry

All of my transactions with PPL Motorhomes have been good. They seem like a solid company.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:02 AM   #7
notanlines

I'm guessing that more than two weeks is still too early to expect any results from the OP....
We also have used PPL with great results, also good tech help in their parts department on the phone.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:01 AM   #8
xrated

Several years back, I ordered a 2nd A/C unit for my trailer from PPL. Not only did they have the best pricing at the time, the shipping was relatively quick. USP or whoever packaged/crated the unit damaged it very close to one of the compressor refrigerant lines, plus the inside cover was damaged. I contacted PPL, provided a few pictures and they send a new one out that day and instructed me to have the damaged one packaged back up for when UPS arrived. The driver delivered the new one and helped me load the old one on his truck.....he even asked if I wanted to check the new one out before I left, he would wait. So I did and everything was fine. Excellent customer service from PPL. in my experience.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:45 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

I have to give a positive review of ppl myself. I had used them before but that was years ago.

I was looking for a particular part that has been out at all vendors for some time then Friday I saw it on ppl and it appeared to be available with one in stock. I chose to call them and the lady physically went an looked. She verified they had the one and I ordered it right then on the phone. Unlike many places nowadays she did not just put it "the mix" and hope the order would process and get sent out "someday". She took care of it right then and there and my tracking number says it will be here Tuesday. Ordered Friday, arrive Tuesday; not bad in these crazy times.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 07:13 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I've had the same positive experiences with PPL.

Way back in history, they had free shipment on orders over $99 and changed that policy to $9.95 shipment on all orders shipped UPS.

I ordered a BAL underslung spare tire carrier that cost $139 at the time and it shipped free. Then later on, I ordered another and they told me it was too big to ship UPS and had to be shipped freight, which meant the shipping was more than the item price... I called PPL Customer Service, the lady I talked to "devised a way around the freight charges. What they did was disassemble the BAL spare tire carrier. repackage it and shipped it in 2 packages so it could ship UPS. They charged me the $9.95 shipping on orders over $99...

PPL, for me, went out of their way to work with me, get me what I ordered at the cheapest shipping, even though I am sure they "lost money" both in time to repackage the item, but also in shipping two UPS packages, all for less than $10 to me.

They could have just as easily said, "sorry, we can't help you".. But they didn't. IMO, PPL has always been a good company to do business with.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:49 PM   #11
wrvond

I've purchased a replacement air conditioner bottom section, a couple water heaters and various odds and ends from PPL. They are definitely top notch!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 02:57 PM   #12
JBM3M

You are not alone with the shipping issue. It is heavy enough the shippers just roll or kick or drop them. I had 2 different units shipped to me via UPS out of Etrailer.com. UPS busted them both, the second time I only needed replacement plastic cover. Etrailer did their best shipping before the damage stuff was returned. I posted about this somewhere on the forum
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage