Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Scorn

Fuse Blown? Please Help

Inside my new 2014 Bullet 241BHS the center three light are not working. The ones on each end next to the three center celling lights are.

Could it be a blown fuse? They are not labeled but most major things are in the converter box where the fuses are.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Javi

If it's a fuse there should be a little LED light glowing beside the blown one in the control panel.... Otherwise look around on the walls for a rocker switch that may have been turned off... in my 2012 2890RL it is beside the scare light switch...
Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Scorn

Rocker switch

Not sure what you mean?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorn View Post
Not sure what you mean?
On - Off switch which pivots at a center point when you push on one side or the other...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	190172.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	3473  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
crash

Our Raptor has a rocker switch in the livingroom slide beside the window treatments tucked away in the corner were you cant see it for the lights ,Just saying
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
Bob Landry

Is this a new problem or have they never worked. usually all of the 12V overhead lights are going to be on one wall switch and one fuse. You can pull all of the fuses and check them, but I would think it's unlikely that KS would have split up the lights like that. This will sound silly, but make sure the switches on the lights are on as well as the wall switch.
Look around for a wall switch in a less than conspicuous place. KS has been known to do some strange things with their wiring. Strange that the center lights in the string are inoperable. Since this is a new trailer, If you can't find something obvious, it's possible some wiring has come loose. I would let the dealer handle it.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Is this a new problem or have they never worked. usually all of the 12V overhead lights are going to be on one wall switch and one fuse. You can pull all of the fuses and check them, but I would think it's unlikely that KS would have split up the lights like that. This will sound silly, but make sure the switches on the lights are on as well as the wall switch.
Look around for a wall switch in a less than conspicuous place. KS has been known to do some strange things with their wiring. Strange that the center lights in the string are inoperable. Since this is a new trailer, If you can't find something obvious, it's possible some wiring has come loose. I would let the dealer handle it.
That is exactly how my Passport is wired... the 3 center lights are on a rocker switch mounted at the rear of the trailer along with the switch for the scare light (this is somewhat close to the rear entry door, although you need to be somewhat of a contortionist to reach it because of the easy chair)... the rest of the overhead lights and wall sconces are wired directly into the fuse panel with only the switch on the light itself.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
Scorn

Working Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
That is exactly how my Passport is wired... the 3 center lights are on a rocker switch mounted at the rear of the trailer along with the switch for the scare light (this is somewhat close to the rear entry door, although you need to be somewhat of a contortionist to reach it because of the easy chair)... the rest of the overhead lights and wall sconces are wired directly into the fuse panel with only the switch on the light itself.
The rocker switch was on the left as you go in the door where the monitor panel is. The switch was off and I just turned it on and the lights came on.

Thanks