Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
GaryWT

Premier 31 BHPR question outside kitchen

I have a question about the kitchen. In my previous trailer with the outside kitchen I had a gutter over the kitchen and the awning came over both doors so I never had a water issue. With the Premier the hinge leaks when the door is open and the stove counter is out in the rain when opened all the way. I am trying to come up with some solutions for these issues

First am I just missing the gutter or did they not give anyone a gutter. I am thinking of putting up a tarp if rain is expected but I know if will not look great but I am tired of being flooded. The awning outside kitchen design is the one thing I miss about the outside kitchen.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Gary -
If you cannot get a replacement gutter from your dealer, check out CW as they have an item EZE-RV Gutter System by 3M. Comes in a 10ft roll in ultra white for about $26. I've used this stuff over my windows - has held up well and stays put.

The most economical way to go for a cover is with a tarp but you're right - not the prettiest thing to look at. There are some other options out there but will cost. There are a variety of marine snaps and fasteners that do well on fiberglass boats which could form the basis of places to fasten a "real" tarp. Canvas shops, outdoor places, etc., often sell waterproof fabric that could be made into a tarp in conjunction with the marine-type fasteners. I guess it's just a matter of how much $$ you are willing to spend on a cover for your kitchen.

This is just one idea and I'm sure others will offer other suggestions for a cover.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
GaryWT

I have seen those gutters but before I go that route I just want to sure they did not miss something that should have been there. Will most likely go with some type of tarp as I do now want to spend the money for another awning.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
therink

My OK door came with a separate gutter above it. I have no issues using the kitchen in light rain.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
zenbuck

No gutter above my outside kitchen door, just the gutter along the top of the roof line. No leaks from the hinge into the kitchen..(rained while we were out on Friday) I wish they could have added 3 more feet of awning to cover the bathroom door and overlap the kitchen door. My stove gets wet a well. If I had a longer gas hose I could pull the stove in closer....

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
GaryWT

Thanks for the info, I have a 3 or so inch extention on my hose as I added a T to run a grill. I can swing it closed some. Thinking of getting something to hang from the edge of the kitchen door to the back of the 2 burners. I do wish the awning covered both doors. Going to look at CW for the gutter and come up with some type of tarp for when the rain is bad.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
GaryWT

Ok so for now I have reseated the hinge and the area around it. I added 6 inch extensions at the end of the hinge to try to keep the water from getting in the edges of the kitchen. Then for when we know the rain is coming I have a 8x12 brown tarp with Velcro to install to the awning and bring to the end of the trailer. Does not look the best but should work for now.