Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
burky4880

Keystone Sprinter 320 BHS observations

I have a 2013 Keystone Sprinter 320 BHS, pulling it with a 2004 Ram quad cab long bed diesel, 4x4.

I have several observations with this camper I would like to comment on and point out, similar to F16Vip3r post I seen with the same camper, some items I point out have been called out already, but think it may help people looking at these to consider what is called out, and maybe enough feedback will get back to keystone

Exterior Likes
Full awning covering both entrance doors, electric awning
Nice folding non-slip stairs
Torsion hinged doors-no cylinder shock on doors
Aerodynamic front design, covers the propane tanks, LED center top marker, lights are somewhat molded into the body design
Nice Rims and tires

Exterior Dislikes
Need a second scare light at the rear end of the camper proportional to the front light.
Need a second amber light by the bathroom door entrance and under the stairs on the same switch, only $5 going to put one under the back stairs
Need a large handle going up the back stairs to match the front door, they only cost $26, going to put one on, ordered one from the factory
Rear of camper is boxy and doesn’t look as nice as the front, if keystone could round the corners and get light housings that match the scare light or amber lights so they all match. Put the window and the rear light in the center of the camper and make the tail lights mold into the rear of the design of the camper instead of just looking like they were stuck on there. The spare tire needs mounted under the camper and have a raise and lower cable.
The stabilizing jacks need hidden up under the camper better, or keystone needs to come up with a different jack design. The jacks are out right where everyone can see them and to me look like a sore eye, and really light duty(though they do the job).
No ladder in the back of the camper to access the roof, nor is there one offered for this model. I am trusting Keystone that it is this way for a reason, (I wont have any trouble or need to go up on the roof), besides to wash or spray off debris.

Interior Likes
Leather hide-a-bed couch! Nice
Wood grain laminate over 80% of the floor, much nicer than carpet, easy to clean, wont show wear like carpet
Stressed wood grain cabinets, we like antiques, so this is nice
Factory TV is on a swivel bracket, this is nice
Factory speakers are nice inside and out
Porcelain stool is nice vs a plastic one
Nice deep/wide kitchen sink
Like the lighted switches on the control panel and in the bathroom for the light switch
LED night lights are nice, need more of them in camper

Interior Dis-Likes
Only LED lights in night lights, when your spending the money for a new camper, they should all be this way.
Small bathroom/tub area
No ladder to top bunk in kids room….really?
No light switch in kids room, except for on the light in the ceiling….how will my 5 year old reach it?
No light switch on wall in master bed room, would be a nice gesture, all switches should be lighted in my opinion.

Overall, we are pleased with the TT, we are rookies, besides some of the concerns above, we are looking forward to using it. This is way better than roughing it in a tent.

Thanks for reading
burky4880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You should go up on the roof to do an inspection of the caulking/sealant on all the joins, around roof-mounted items like vents, skylights, etc. While cleaning and washing the roof are things you should be doing, looking for signs of possible leakage, rips or tears, protrusions of screws, etc., should be a part of your maintenance schedule. I don't think Keystone's reason for not installing a ladder is based on a leak proof, maintenance free roof.

I notice that you have submitted posts about the TV problem while doing a channel search and the sway issue you are having in other parts of the forum so I would check those threads for responses from members rather than "double posting" and asking the same questions here in this thread.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Ken / Claudia

You should ask your salesman about the lack of a ladder. I have had several RVs without them but, do like to get up there to clean and inspect. My salesman said they would add one for a price. They just do not put them on as standard eqiupment. At least the ones made out west. The roof will hold me walking around and I have several times. I use the ladder from home, it fits in the truck bed just fine. I put pool noodles on the area that contacts the trailer. The ladder on my artic fox was not as easy to use as the detached one.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote