Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #61
Sarge2

I just went onto the DNR site and although the parks and trails are open in Mi
ATTENTION:
In response to the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order, state park campgrounds, state forest campgrounds, and all dispersed camping on public lands are closed through at least April 13. Overnight lodging facilities and shelters are closed through at least May 15.

State parks, recreation areas, trails and other state-managed land remain open, provided all visitors adhere to the requirement for proper social distancing.

See all COVID-19-related information for DNR facilities and services.chigan, the campgrounds are closed... unless I'm reading it incorrectly...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #62
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
I just went onto the DNR site and although the parks and trails are open in Mi
ATTENTION:
In response to the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order, state park campgrounds, state forest campgrounds, and all dispersed camping on public lands are closed through at least April 13. Overnight lodging facilities and shelters are closed through at least May 15.

State parks, recreation areas, trails and other state-managed land remain open, provided all visitors adhere to the requirement for proper social distancing.

See all COVID-19-related information for DNR facilities and services.chigan, the campgrounds are closed... unless I'm reading it incorrectly...
Nope, you're reading it correctly. Michigan is officially closed except for essential business and travel. That April 13th date will be corrected soon too. Good chance it will be closer to June based on booming business at the hospitals.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #63
Sarge2

I believe you could be right... We'll have to just hunker down (those of us who can) and wait it out... Unfortunately, I'm not in that non-essential grouping... at least not yet... retirement could be coming a bit sooner than my DW was expecting...lol
Everyone be safe...
Sarge
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:30 AM   #64
Rber1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
Do you know if ReserveAmerica will refund your "convenience fee" they charged to make the reservation?
Yes the refund according to them will be automatically credited to your account
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #65
John&Genny

The wife and I have a monthly site we rent at the Newport, WA. KOA at Little Diamond Lake. When I wrote them a couple of weeks ago, they were still planning on opening in mid April. Of course, that could change overnight but we are still keeping our fingers crossed it will still open. The two of us are getting cabin fever staying at home and it would be nice to get back to camping again.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #66
spade117

One of the counties on the Eastern side of Syracuse is closing all campgrounds until at least July 1st:

Quote:
all campgrounds and cabin colonies in Oneida County, as defined by New York state sanitary code, will be closed effective April 1, 2020, and will remain closed until July 1, 2020. Any campground or cabin colony which has camping cabins, camping units, campsites or campgrounds currently occupied, must ensure each is vacated by 5 p.m. on April 12, 2020.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #67
wiredgeorge

We were staying outside of the Big Bend in Terlingua at BJ's RV Park and they closed it on us. The site now has this notice posted:

WE ARE CLOSED DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY UNTIL THE COUNTRY OF BREWSTER TEXAS DECLARATION HAS BEING TERMINATED.

http://bjrvpark.com/

Place was full of full timers. We got booted and met a Canadian fella in Del Rio at Lonesome Dover RV Ranch where we spent the rest of the week watching Dish TV in our RV (my normal vacation activity anyway) and he told me he had to pull out because of a 14 day quarantine and was worried about driving up through Illinois (his route I guess). He was thrown out a a park in Marathon TX also in Brewster County.

I think this unprecedented situation is going to see a lot more silly, knee jerk reactions before it is done as local govts just are not filled with decision makers who have a big picture view. BTW: I think the first HOA was started in Hades. And for Travelin Texan worrying about where to go to potty when stations are closed in a park? Bwhahahaha Trees were invented to hunker down behind.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #68
Roscommon48

This idea would work if it could be by state...which in this forum can't be done. Just call ahead of time.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #69
CFDfireman90

Campgrounds have been deemed non-essential, therefore any campground in NH open prior to 26 March may stay open to those already there. No new campers allowed. Any campground not open prior to 26 March can not open until the emergency order has been lifted.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #70
jsb5717

Oregon/Washington Forests & State Parks

It's all a moving target and continues to evolve. Oregon and Washington Forest Service recreation sites are now closed to the end of September. All state parks are closed indefinitely. They will also make changes as necessary.

https://www.klcc.org/post/forest-ser...and-washington
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #71
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
It's all a moving target and continues to evolve. Oregon and Washington Forest Service recreation sites are now closed to the end of September. All state parks are closed indefinitely. They will also make changes as necessary.

https://www.klcc.org/post/forest-ser...and-washington
All the dates for this mess keep getting extended further out?? Do ALL these so called "authorities" have a crystal ball to predict this lasting til fall or longer?
The longer this goes on the more I feel that there's much more to this than just a virus. What are we NOT being told?
If this "stay at home" order last the rest of this month, I believe downfall won't take that long, with most businesses closed, this country may never recover economically regardless how much "stimulus" money they throw out. This may make the '08 recession feel like a cake walk.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #72
flybouy
Site Team

I think there are 2 major factors. First, they/we are dealing with largely an "unknown". The longer it goes on and the more people get infect the larger the "data set". This makes predictions and directions to turn more accurate. Unfortunately with the date being unreliable from countries that are inherently dishonest was a missed opportunity to get "in front of it".

The second major factor is the "fear factor". Of course the government is going to restrict the information the public receives because they fear (I think rightfully so) that we the public can't handle it. IF, and this is a big IF, let's say this is the way it's going to be for an extended time can you imagine the panic?

A quick look at history can give some insight. 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast. Panic ensued and people died. Fast forward to 1941 California and a few Japanese balloons created panic and mayhem in LA. Can you imagine the stampede out of the cities if they said this would be "the next black plaque"? I have no evidence nor proof but what I would expect from any government is exactly what we are seeing, reassurance, calm, hope.

Personally I have faith in God and humanity as a whole. As individuals, most of us are at the government's mercy for help in keeping the food supply going, the water and utilities going, and the medical community strong. The economy will eventually come back but we may experience a "reset" of personal wealth. We will pay the burden of this, we (the average tax paying citizen) always do. The good news, IMHO, is that this happened when the country was well above the rest of the world economy. It's better to loose 30%, 50%, or whatever of a larger number as apposed to a small number, you still end up with more.

I have faith that this country will come out of this hopefully with lessons learned. The entire world is being effected so we (as in the world) are on a level playing field. Seeing and reading the stories of people rallying together to sew masks and gowns, shop for the elderly, etc. There will always be jerks, selfish, and evil people that rise up during these times but I believe the trying times makes them easier to spot. So hang in there, change what you can change and let go of the rest. It'll all work out.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #73
jsb5717

Yeah, I don't have the crystal ball either. This morning I watched the documentary below on the 2018 Spanish Flu. I found it very enlightening and helpful in understanding the necessity of social distancing for as long as it takes. I don't think there's any way for any of our leaders or experts to accurately predict how long this will last since they don't yet fully understand this flu strain.

Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #74
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFDfireman90 View Post
Campgrounds have been deemed non-essential, therefore any campground in NH open prior to 26 March may stay open to those already there. No new campers allowed. Any campground not open prior to 26 March can not open until the emergency order has been lifted.
We have been itching to pull the camper from storage to get a headstart on the camping season with school out for the little one, but it is taunting us now.....we might end up camping in the yard this year!
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #75
JRTJH
Site Team

In addition to the "purely scientific aspects" of this pandemic, the "officials that can't give us an exact answer" are being "perplexed by non-compliance"...

How can anyone build exact data knowing that some people are going to cheat, ignore hand washing, ignore social distancing, ignore staying in one location. How that will affect other areas and other people, and the "exact date it will end" really boils down to "who is ignoring the rules, where they are and how much impact they have based on where the go and what they do"....

In other words, in a society as mobile and independent as our American society, we can be (and are) in New York on Monday, in Miami on Tuesday, in New Orleans on Wednesday, in Dallas on Thursday and who knows where on Friday... Now, change up that schedule and go to any city with a high infection rate before going to a city with a low infection rate will change how that one person impacts the overall "final date"....

I think that as we "learn more about this virus" we have to also consider all the "unpredictable people who ignore anyone's advice" and the reality comes out the other end as "nobody can give us any valid expectations because there are too many variables to consider".....

Sometimes, we're our own worst enemy. People who went to spring break in Florida, people who went to church in Dallas on Sunday, people who played basketball in Central Park on Saturday are all making it impossible to predict what "data driven expectations" might happen.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:05 AM   #76
Frank G

Florida has always been a popular destination for many people for many reasons. In todays world all that has changed and I am not going to predict when and if it will change. Here is the reality in the park we are in. As of April 1 and until further notice we are to shelter in place. The park had to lay off all staff over 65 so they could shelter in place. This required the closing of the Golf Course, pool, office, all indoor and outdoor activities, and one person in the laundry room. The park is closed to new campers, stockholders may return with a 14 day quarantine. No outside contractors allowed except emergency services. There are 3 food sources and one drug store allowed to deliver and place items outside for retrieval. The post office and restrooms remain open and social distancing apply. On the bright side we can go to the local Florida Cracker and get some great take-out and a bottle of Jack.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #77
flybouy
Site Team

Campground Reviews now lists the status of open/closed campgrounds due to Covid-19.
https://camperreport.com/campground-reviews-update/
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote