Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
jq1031

Florida State Parks

I just made a reservation for a campsite at Grayton Beach State Park in the Florida panhandle, as we are joining family & friends for a long week-end in November. Here is the interesting part. We booked for 6 nights at the listed rate for a full hook up 50 AMP site, concrete pad & padio, 40 ft length for $30.00 per night coming to $180.00 total. During the online reservation process I checked the Florida resident & senior citizen boxes, entered all the credit info & to my surprise I was given a 50% discount reducing my cost to $90 plus $10.35 tax. Apparently all Florida state parks have this policy for residents & seniors, so my cost per night for a site with all the bells & whistles comes to $16.73 per night. Thought I'd pass this info along, as even without the discount it's a good deal.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Hi,

We are still Florida residents and so we have frequented their parks for many years. At least there is still a benefit to becoming a senior citizen.

Georgia state parks now has a RV club you can join and after 9 nights of camping you get the 10th free and there is no time limit and it doesn't have to be consecutive OR at the same park.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote