Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
StitchingKB9

Headed Out West!

We are planning a nice long trip (3 weeks) out west next summer, so I am looking for any tips, tricks, and/or recommendations. 2 kids, ages 6 and 8, no pets.

Thanks in advance!

Kristine in Michigan
StitchingKB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
jq1031

Smile

Hi Kristine: I've done that trip twice & still need to go back, as there is so much to see & do. The first time we traveled from Florida to Portland OR. & back across the US heading east on I-90 to Buffalo, NY, back to St. Louis for a wedding & eventually back to FL with many, many side trips. I did all that in 3 months. In 3 weeks you need to do some serious planning or your whole trip we be spent driving. In that time frame I would not go much farther west from Michigan than to Yellowstone National Park. That area has alot to offer besides the park itself. Along the way is many attractions, Mt Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Black Hills, The Badlands, Deadwood, Sturgis, SD, Wall Drug, SD (google it), Jackson Hole & the Tetons. If you go south into Utah there is Brice Canyon & close buy is Zion Canyon, they are connected by a tunnel that will accomodate RV's. Both of these canyons are worth the trip alone. RV parks are everywhere and usually fill up as the day goes on so a call from your cell to make a reservation is worth while. Have fun...Joe
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
antiqfreq

where out west are you going?

I can send you to my blog, if you wish, for all the states and places we went last year if you want.

Let me know,

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
StitchingKB9

Not quite sure, yet...

We don't have a destination in mind yet. Just in the early stages of planning and trying to figure out what to see, what order to see them, and the best path to take. Along with, where should we stay? I would love the link to your blog!

Many thanks,
Kristine in Michigan
StitchingKB9 is offline   Reply With Quote