Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2024, 08:08 AM   #1
AllenCheryl21

Kitchen sink

Hope I’m using the correct forum here.
We have a 2011 Keystone Laredo 310RE. It is in pristine condition and the only issue is the kitchen sink has a couple of cracks in it. Like something fell out of the cabinet into the sink.
This sink has a unique shape, is plastic, and apparently has been discontinued by Keystone.
Camper has a granite countertop so no modifications can be made there, and I’m having a hard time finding a replacement sink.
Sink is a Duo-Form brand
Part number 53-2418-30-B2 IP
I’ve attempted to upload pics but this is my first thread here and not sure I done that properly.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69E9BB66-1508-4DCC-BBDC-8ACF6D89B47D.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	46309   Click image for larger version

Name:	3D5B206C-14C3-4751-9F7E-CE14131688CB.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	46310  
AllenCheryl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:18 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

I would be VERY surprised if the countertop was actually granite. A solid surface countertop (such as Corian) is a lighter manufactured product used in most high-end RV’s. All a moot point considering the unique shape of your sink cutout. Have you tried the Trekwood site or contacting Duo-Form directly? https://www.duoformplastics.com/rv-aftermarket/
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:41 AM   #3
Camping family

If you can’t find one I would check around for a repair kit. If it’s small cracks maybe a fiberglass repair would work or maybe check at one of the local hardware stores for a sink repair kit. I have used them in tub repairs.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:07 PM   #4
AllenCheryl21

I just assumed it was granite. I’m no carpenter. LoL
I’ve contacted duo-form and trekwood. According to them the sink is considered obsolete. I’m hoping someone somewhere knows of one sitting in the back corner of a warehouse somewhere. LoL
Or if there’s such a thing as an rv junkyard.
AllenCheryl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:18 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

The sink is either plastic or fiberglass. When we first moved into our home MANY years ago, the missus decided that the off white paint needed to go and had me paint all the rooms. When doing the guest bathroom, I put a step ladder in the fiberglass tub. OOOOPS. Made holes in the fiberglass (in a tub that had not yet been used). Found the tub was made by a company called Lasko and they sold a fiberglass repair kit. Light sanding and some mesh and mix the fiberglass epoxy (2 parts) and apply building it up just a tad. Then when it is dry/cured, sand then use VERY fine sand paper to polish (this is from memory) and you could not tell where the holes had been. Secret is the color match. This isn't hard to do and with your kitchen sink, perhaps the easiest answer.

My next thought is I doubt a Laredo would have granite counter tops. If you look from below under the sink you will likely see OSB and stuff on top some sort of glued on laminate. If this is the case, source a sink which had 3 holes for the faucet and is a rectangle and just cut a hole to include the current cut-out and set a new sink in place. I am sure a good handyman would have no issues with this. You will have to be careful cutting from on top so as not to score/scratch the counter material. Use a quality faucet from a box store or hardware store and not RV stuff. The fittings on the correct faucet will likely be smaller than some used in a house for the connection. I just replaced my kitchen faucet and had to go back to the hardware to get a different faucet with the smalleer connection (3/8" NPT comes to mind but I am likely wrong).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Like George said, a DIY repair kit might be an answer. If you're not "that handy" and aren't sure whether you have the skills needed for an acceptable outcome, you might want to contact a "kitchen and bath specialty store". You know, the kind your contractor sends you to when you're building a new house. They usually have a "fiberglass repairman/finisher" on staff or contract all their repairs to a local business thath specialized in doing exactly what you need done.

When we built out house, a painter stepped in the big whirlpool tub and "ground sand and dirt" into the glossy white finish... I knew the contractor was going to have to replace the tub, some of the scratches were 1/8" wide and just as deep.... The supply house sent out their repairman and that afternoon, I couldn't even find where he had fixed the tub... That was 16 years ago and I still can't find the repair.... Cost was about $100 back then and significantly cheaper than the contractor paying for a new tub and labor to remove/install it...

About the only "very remote possibility" is one of the RV surplus outlets. Boontragers in southern Michigan is just one of many. There's a list in the sticky which is the second thread in the Repairs and Maintenance" section of the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 08:24 AM   #7
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenCheryl21 View Post
I just assumed it was granite. I’m no carpenter.
I am a carpenter (was - retired now). Also, I was a certified solid surface installer (certification lapsed since retiring).

That is a solid surface counter. Corian is just a brand name. (see pic from 2011 Laredo brochure)

Solid surface is easy to work with. It can be cut with a circular saw, a jig saw, an oscillating saw - - even a hand saw, if necessary. It can be routed and shaped just like wood, also.

You definitely do not need an OEM sink. You can use any sink you like - - that fits. You would need to utilize a sink large enough to enclose all of the OEM sink space. If you have the countertop room, lay out the new sink opening (to cover/include ALL of the old sink), then just cut it out with the tools you have. (hint here - rounded corners are less likely to develop cracks later. Drill a 3/4 or 1 inch hole at each corner before cutting the straight lines)

Even if you found an OEM sink, as a DIY'er, an undermount sink may be challenging, but doable. (There are particular procedures and adhesives needed to properly install an undermount sink to solid surface) Personally, I prefer and old school drop in sink - - real stainless steel. They are easy to install, light weight, and a good one will last forever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	46315  

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink