Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
sandy43

Solid Step handrail

I'm seriously thinking of buying from LCI, "Entry Assist Handrail for Solid Step®". Getting in and out of RV can sometimes be an issue, when your getting a tad bit older. Has anyone seen these or experienced these. Thanks

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:24 AM   #2
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
I'm seriously thinking of buying from LCI, "Entry Assist Handrail for Solid Step®". Getting in and out of RV can sometimes be an issue, when your getting a tad bit older. Has anyone seen these or experienced these. Thanks
I added a Stromberg Carlson extended length grab bar for our Solid Steps and it's perfect for our needs. It bolts to the existing grab bar holes: https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...2JB6YP90DR9CMT
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:45 AM   #3
fatcatzzz

We have had one for a couple of years. Love it! Has saved my a** several times.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
jgforstall

I own a 2017 Alpine 3401 RS model and wish to replace assist rail with extended assist rail. I purchased a Extended Assist Rail model #AM-533 however the holes do not match up and would require drilling new holes. New holes would be extremely close to the existing holes and I fear this could cause the holes overlap.

Does anyone know if there's an extended assist rail already speced to match the existing holes of said Alpine?

Thanks
jgforstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

We have a folding extended assist handle mounted to the side of the camper. We thought about the step mounted handrail. but my brother has one he just installed and it makes the steps feel too narrow, especially with a friction hinge door. He is actually going to return it and get the extended grab handle instead.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
Javi

I installed both the lift assist and the handrail on our solid steps shortly after bringing the Avalanche home from the dealer.

We are very happy with both
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:20 AM   #7
Hblick48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I added a Stromberg Carlson extended length grab bar for our Solid Steps and it's perfect for our needs. It bolts to the existing grab bar holes: https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...2JB6YP90DR9CMT
I added this rail when I installed our Lippert solid steps. Two of the best upgrades I've made. Wouldn't have needed them 20 years ago, things change as you get older.
Hblick48 is online now   Reply With Quote