Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
RdRmr

Keep us posted as to what the final outcome is. We're here to offer suggestions, without actually seeing the unit it's tough to hit it right on. We offer support though. Hope they find your problem. Above 30* ambient mine worked, below that no. So keep that in mind. Happy Campin......

2016 KZ Durango 315RKD
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW, CCLB, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin.
Curt puck legs w/Curt Q16 head
VET/USMC
RdRmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
CUFFS054

I'm glad the gov'ment is looking out for me...BUT.. I bought a new grill, hooked up the tanks and got it all the way to about 250 degrees. Finally read the instuctions and sure nuff I had triggered the excess flow device. Took me three attempts to get it right.
I'm too old for all this safety, geez, filling the lawnmower with gas with that stupid new safety device makes me want to drink!
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
canusa

I'm not sure which model of heater you have but I had a problematic heater in my old trailer.

Like this one

http://www.coldspringsrv.com/parts_s...4b9c776f94.jpg

In my case the over flow valve at the top was dripping down and flowing off the deflector onto the gas valve wires.

In my case, it would light on the first cycle of the day and all subsequent cycles went boom.

It took me a while to figure it out. I had to bend the metal deflector so that drips would flow right and not left onto the gas solenoid.

Stupid, but it solved my problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
canusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #24
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdRmr View Post
Keep us posted as to what the final outcome is. We're here to offer suggestions, without actually seeing the unit it's tough to hit it right on. We offer support though. Hope they find your problem. Above 30* ambient mine worked, below that no. So keep that in mind. Happy Campin......
We have been out in ambient temps in the low to mid 20's and the heater has done fine. Taking it to the dealer in a bit and will check back when we figure out the problem....
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #25
fla-gypsy

Some "propane" mixes, commonly referred to as LP Gas, have a high % of butane and will not function well below 30*. Adding large quantities of butane in warmer climates (up to 50%) to the LP mix is very common. When a gas drops below it's boiling point it no longer vaporizes which is required to fuel our LP appliances. It is possible for a propane mix high in butane to power smaller LP appliances requiring little pressure and not power those that have specific pressure requirements to operate. All speculation as to whether your issue is related. Butane vaporizes (boils) at +30F. True propane boils at a much lower temperture (-44 F).
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
labs4life

Update on heater.... Took to camping world in Chattanooga and they replaced circuit board and all is well.
Curls to them also for fixing it while I waited. 86 miles one way and I drove past another Camping World that said it might take 2-3 weeks to get me "worked in". Called my salesman in Chattanooga (now the sales manager) and he said bring it up and we will fix it ASAP. Good job Roger and Chattanooga Camping World!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #27
SAABDOCTOR

That's great news.Glad to here that a dealer does it right!! enjoy the heat!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #28
labs4life

Also big thanks to JRTJH and Sad for Trying to he me troubleshoot at midnight when I was having the problem!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #29
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Glad to hear your up and running again
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #30
Devildogmom

Unhappy Flame Control Sensor Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by labs4life View Post
Still a no go. Have gas everywhere. The furnace will light while the igniter is striking just will not stay lit. Even reset the breaker but nothing.
We have the same problem with our 2012 Cougar. We had a repairman come out to our site and after swapping the board, the furnace still didn't work. He consulted with another guy at his shop and they determined it was the flame control sensor wire. He didn't have one so we will get it fixed when we get home. We are using a space heater as long as it doesn't get too cold outside.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #31
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildogmom View Post
We have the same problem with our 2012 Cougar. We had a repairman come out to our site and after swapping the board, the furnace still didn't work. He consulted with another guy at his shop and they determined it was the flame control sensor wire. He didn't have one so we will get it fixed when we get home. We are using a space heater as long as it doesn't get too cold outside.
Sorry about ur troubles! We heated ours with a space heater. You can put the heater under the a/c unit and turn the fan only on and it will help circulate the air. Beware, this will not heat the underbelly, but since ur heat is out, nothing is going there anyway.