Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
mike06081969

Advice sought on Laredo fifth wheel

I am currently looking at a 2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL fifth wheel to replace my Forest River fiver I just sold. I've never owned a Keystone product, so I was hoping I could get some advice from current Laredo owners. Give me the good, bad, and ugly. Are they well built? Do they pull well? Are the comfortable in hot and cold weather? Are there a lot of reliability problems or are they fairly trouble free? The one I'm looking at is at a Keystone dealer lot and appears to be in good condition, but I'll go over it with a fine-toothed comb before I buy. Just wonder how you guys feel about 'em.
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

to the Keystone forum. If you use the search feature at the top of every page, you'll find a tremendous amount of data about Keystone products in general and about Laredo RV's as well. A poll was conducted on the forum last year asking simply, "would you buy another Keystone RV' and the overwhelming response was that 92.23% of current owners said they would buy another Keystone product. You can read the comments here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=poll

Again, welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy your time with us.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
mike06081969

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
to the Keystone forum. If you use the search feature at the top of every page, you'll find a tremendous amount of data about Keystone products in general and about Laredo RV's as well. A poll was conducted on the forum last year asking simply, "would you buy another Keystone RV' and the overwhelming response was that 92.23% of current owners said they would buy another Keystone product. You can read the comments here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=poll

Again, welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy your time with us.
Thanks for the welcome and the link to the poll thread. Looks like the overwhelming majority of Keystone owners are happy campers. I've owned three FR products, and was pleased with all of them, but needed to downsize and this one we are looking at may fit the bill.
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
oldfamer

I have a 2008 Laredo 265RL. I bought it 2 years ago and really like it. The only problem that I have had was the converter went out. We have been just weekend campers in the past, but I'm retiring in March and planning on taking a couple 2 week trips this summer. A couple of mods that I have done were to replace the power cord mouse hole with receptacle that the cord can be disconnected. Also I added a electric outlet on the back wall. It is connected directly to the 120 outlet on the campground post. We use this for our electric heater on the cold nights. Now I'm working on replacing the one step with a 2 step up to the bedroom. I would by Keystone again.
oldfamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
KanTC

Welcome to the forum Mike.

We've been extremely pleased with our 2010 Laredo, it's our 2nd Keystone 5th wheel. Our floorplan
(265RL, same as oldfamer) is a very similar to the 29RL, although 2 ft shorter... love the rear/corner
entertainment center.

The Laredo is a 'mid-priced' line, somewhat similar to the FR Wildcat if you're familiar with that one.
We compared the two brands, side-by-side, when 5th wheel shopping in 2009.

You asked about hot/cold weather use -- the '07 brochure doesn't give any info (that I saw) for insulation
factors, but does list the "Heated and enclosed underbelly". http://media.rvusa.com/library/07_Laredo_FW.pdf

I have an '09 brochure which shows: Walls R-9, Roof R-11, Floor R-14, but (of course) the '07 may/may not
be the same - it would be best to contact Keystone directly if you want that info. I 'can' tell you though,
as of April 2010 (on full-sized Laredo 5th wheels) the roof & floor insulation more than doubled from the
previous model year, and a 35K btu furnace is standard. That may/may not be relevant to you

Our only 'complaint' is that our model doesn't have a Utilities Station, & DH really liked it on our previous FW.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your decision,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote