Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Laredo60

2013 Laredo

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has a 2013 303tg?

I have a few questions about there's.
First on the dinette when folded down to make a bed one of the cushions is about a foot longer then the rest of them. Making it hard to put sheets on the bed. Not to mention it sticks out into the path to walk around and looks ridiculous. I e-mailed the rep at keystone that we ordered the unit from 2 months ago about it no reponse yet.
Second I went today to check on the unit in storage for winter and noticed on the big tip out the water from the rain gutter running down the side of the unit. I looked closer and saw that the is a seem on the rain gutter and the water is dripping right there. That does not look right to me. Anyone else notice that on theirs?

Hope everyone is having a good winter out there and is looking forward to spring as much as me. Thanks
Laredo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
2011 keystone

I do not have a 303 but the gutter on my hideout also has a seam that leaks. I have not done it yet but have been thinking about putting a little bit of seam sealer on it to see if it would help.

And like you I cant wait till spring.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Fringe4U

I have a 2013 303TG that i just picked up last weekend. I like you can not wait until Spring. Do you have a picture by chance of where it is leaking? I am not sure what you are talking about, next time I am out I will try to check it and see. Also we have not made the bed out for the dinette yet so I can not check that.

Thanks,

Ryan
Fringe4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Laredo60

2013 Laredo 303tg

Thanks for your response. When the table is down with all the cushions on it. Is there on cushion that is longer then then rest of them? Does it stick out longer then the rest of them?
I am trying to attach a photo of it but cannot figure out how to do it on my I-pad.
As far as the leak it is from the gutter about half way down the unit on the drivers side. I think it will just need to be caulked. I guess they missed it at the factory. Do you have the brown front on yours, and the crowned roof inside?
Laredo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
TNCampingDad

I noticed this strange longer cushion on a 2013 291tg at my local dealer while looking at the Laredo TT's. At first I thought I was just arranging them wrong but I don't think this is the case. Can anyone from Keystone answer why this cushion is designed/made this way?
TNCampingDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Puck_Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo60 View Post
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has a 2013 303tg?

Second I went today to check on the unit in storage for winter and noticed on the big tip out the water from the rain gutter running down the side of the unit. I looked closer and saw that the is a seem on the rain gutter and the water is dripping right there. That does not look right to me. Anyone else notice that on theirs?

Hope everyone is having a good winter out there and is looking forward to spring as much as me. Thanks
I had some warranty work done on my 303tg and when it was in the shop, I noted it as an issue and the dealer just applied some sealant. It wouldn't have bothered me, but it was right above the tandem tires, and I only noticed it when I was removing chocks in the rain and the drip when down the back of my neck.
Former Trailer - 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Puck_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
SteveC7010

Whenever there is a butt joint of gutter on RV's there is likely to be a drip-drip leak. Remember that these rigs flex a bit when going down the road. And things expand and contract in warmer or cooler weather. The gutter likely has a layer of putty tape under it, and if it's a roof gutter, it will have the Dicor membrane and Dicor caulk between it and the framing so it's not fastened directly to a solid something but rather laid down over soft, flexible materials. It is going to move.

If you try to seal it up on the upper side in the water trough, you won't get enough caulk in there to maintain a good seal as the trailer flexes over time.

But, if you caulk on the underside with a nice bead of butyl caulk to hold to the gutter and still flex, you may fix the leak.

FWIW, my '99 Sunline had a gutter joint centered over the rear entry door. I'd fix, but it usually started dripping again in a year or two.

My recommendation is to also make sure the whatever does leak through the joint is properly channeled away so that it doesn't penetrate into a wall or other area of the trailer.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote