Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
wegone

Another in the books....

Just returned from another great vacation....
Truck, trailer, wife....all performed flawlessly.
This spot was a bugger and a half to get into...backing uphill, and 2 turns in opposite directions and the tires on my spread axle stayed on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L-1-1 sized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	35860   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 sized.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	35861   Click image for larger version

Name:	L-6 sized.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	35862  
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Just returned from another great vacation....
Truck, trailer, wife....all performed flawlessly.
This spot was a bugger and a half to get into...backing uphill, and 2 turns in opposite directions and the tires on my spread axle stayed on
Beautiful spot, whereabouts is this?
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Beautiful spot, whereabouts is this?
I agree, Glad it went well.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM   #4
wegone

This was at Leavenworth, Washington, along side the Wenatchee River.

This river feeds many orchards and we took great advantage of that, picking apples, pears, and peaches right off the trees.

One night my wife made a peach pie, it was so good, better than watching politicians getting caught in their lies......almost.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	L-5.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	35863  
Old 09-17-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
Essvar

Quote:
This was at Leavenworth, Washington, along side the Wenatchee River.

This river feeds many orchards and we took great advantage of that, picking apples, pears, and peaches right off the trees.

One night my wife made a peach pie, it was so good, better than watching politicians getting caught in their lies......almost.
Wonderful! I’ve been to Leavenworth for a ski racing event. Very neat town, I’ve also been informed they have a very extensive OHV network. I’ll put this on the “need to go” list
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:51 PM   #6
wegone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Wonderful! I’ve been to Leavenworth for a ski racing event. Very neat town, I’ve also been informed they have a very extensive OHV network. I’ll put this on the “need to go” list
Good deal...yeah, its a neat town, and lots of food, and even more wineries and beer joints to sample or get hammered at....

However, I won't share the whereabouts to finding these mermaids.

What happens along the river, stays along the river
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	L-4-2 sized.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	35864  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:42 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

If I remember right, isn’t there a Bavarian style village there? We stayed in Seattle KOA. I wanted to go to the fisherman’s memorial because Phil Harris had just passed away but I was over ruled by the DW and her sister.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #8
wegone

Yes, a really neat Bavarian Village. They have a really nice KOA there too. It has been added on to and remodeled with shuttle service into town for those who sample too much German beer

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Yes, a really neat Bavarian Village. They have a really nice KOA there too. It has been added on to and remodeled with shuttle service into town for those who sample too much German beer
Good to know, As I remember the KOA was full when We did our trip, and I didnt want to tow a 37' fiver in the hills. Looking at really "retiring" soon and that may be on our list again along with Cascade Locks in Oregon.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #10
wegone

You can get in there easy, you'd be upfront, all pull throughs, patios, etc...nice sunny spots, a little more traffic, but who cares.... I like folks to stare at me when I wear my speedos
BTW, a great Safeway that has EVERYTHING including sushi, fried chicken, and all sorts of ready to eat food as well as great meat and produce, great prices if you are a Safeway member, easy walking distance too.