Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #21
Jmill8

Water leak

Recently experienced leak around drain coming out of chloroplast. Removed chloroplast (It is one large piece on my rig) discovered small crack in black tank by drain port. Sealed crack and all is well now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAlb View Post
Found a leak when dumping black and gray water. Leak coming from slits in corrugated plastic by those valve stems. Have tightened valve stems lately so they don’t unscrew and fall off. No idea if liquid is fresh, gray, or black. Troubleshooting thoughts? On the road again today. Thanks.

I imagine there was 1 quart of liquid.
Jmill8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:04 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmill8 View Post
Recently experienced leak around drain coming out of chloroplast. Removed chloroplast (It is one large piece on my rig) discovered small crack in black tank by drain port. Sealed crack and all is well now.

James if I may ask, how did you seal the crack? I ask because it might help someone down the road that encounters that kind of situation.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #23
Devin_Noel

I just winterized my rig this weekend. Wrapped up all the fun with pink stuff. Promptly found a drip, then lot of water when I punctured the bulge in the chloroplast. Plenty of old dry construction dust under the shower. Need to double check, but I think I identified the anti-siphon valve above the floor. No traces of moisture above the floor thankfully.

There seems to be a flap cut into the cloroplast then taped back up. Probably under the black tank. Not sure if it's a manufacturing thing, or a previous repair. Either way I'm not relishing digging in there. Even less with it dropping down to 26f this week. There was no buzzing when I was flushing the black tank (which I did this weekend before winterizing) as I recall in previous times. I assume that was a sprayer head in the tank spinning. Noticed the different noise, but didn't think anything of it until i found the leak. Combine that with the volume of water that didn't seem nasty & I'm guessing black tank flush lines.

A cycling pump can be one of a few things:
A leak.
A leaky check valve in the pump.
Air in the lines.

I had issues with a previous check valve in a previous trailer. Annoying, but not an issue resulting in any real problems. Air can leak out where water would not & generally he annoying, but not usually a big problem. Purging the lines usually fixes it.
Devin_Noel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak