Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #21
RET.LEO

If you watch his other videos you will see that poor roof workmanship is a industry standard. There is no defense for what was shown on the transcend. It's the same roof design used by GD's higher end........not a lesser quality build on the Transcend because it's entry level. The guy at the plant that put in the defective roof joist is probably putting roofs on Imagines and Solitudes
It's the same construction method used on all roofs, top skin excluded.
The RV Industry is plagued by horrible and rushed construction.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #22
RET.LEO

[QUOTE=bsmith0404;372078]Transcend uses a new roof material which has a 15 year warranty bs the 12 year on TPO.

A warranty usually isn't worth the paper it's written on. It's not a guaranty.......huge difference. Many people confuse a warranty and a guaranty.
I'm lucky that my Daughter In Law worked for a State Supreme Court dealing a lot with consumer affairs.
If you have a roof membrane problem within the factory warranty period you might have a chance at a free repair. After that you will have to go to the maker of the membrane. THEN you will find most likely that they will only reimburse for the price of the replacement membrane, not the labor which is the major cost of most repairs, not the subsequent damages caused by a faulty membrane.
Then just to help cheer you up they will probably prorate how long the membrane had been in service and it's expected life span. You will still be out a possible large portion of the cost of the material and the price to install it.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

I have resisted joining this conversation because the OP just wanted to advise he had purchased a GD Imagine and was questioning being on the forum. I have looked at Keystone and GD extensively and in fact have brochures for the Solitude, Reflection, Montana and Cougar with me. During that research I have come to some personal conclusions about the different brands and what is right for me but I don't think this is the appropriate thread to be discussing those things. Maybe a GD vs Keystone thread?

The OP just bought a GD unit - congrats and hope you have lots of fun. Stay on the forum and chew the fat with us....as you know, we can get pretty lively!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport