Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
teamtlr

New Passport 3290bh BAL accuslide adjustment warranty

We love this camper but after my 3rd trip the couch and table slide has started to jerk and hop a little as it moves in an out. They worked flawless during out PDI so I have a warranty adjustment scheduled for the 19th based on Lori's suggestion at Keystone so I was wondering what I should expect since this is my first camper warranty repair. Has anyone had this cable adjustment done while waiting at the dealer?

Here is what I have found after doing some accuslide research:
1. Called Keystone and they said get an appt scheduled since they only warranty slide adjustments for 90 days..not 1 year.
2. I have the BAL accuslide 8 cable system that push/pulls the slide.
3. There is at least 2 horitzontal bottom rollers on the bottom of the slide and there does not appear anything to keep it centered
4. There is one vertical roller on each side of the slide viewable from the outside and mine is already chewed up because the outside of the slide has screws that rub up against it as it moves in and out. They should have used countersunk scews.
5. The trailer did not come with the 1/4 drive manual drive attachment which I forgot to check on my PDI. Keystone said to call the dealer to order one.
6. The cables are rubbing on the edge of the slide frame so can I just dremel the hole larger or is this a pulley adjustment

Other issues that I have on my to do list:
1. Clear caulking started to separate on the exterior rubber molding on the top of the slide unit.
2. The plastic trim that goes over the wheels has cracked around the screw holes. Wonder if this will be covered under warranty
3. Cub couch seam has started to separate on 1 of the 4 cub couches
teamtlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
Yosemitebob

Welcome to to the forum, and to your new trailer. I don't have cable mine is direct drive, but....perhaps I can answer some of your questions based on my experience.

1 The dealer told me when I picked it up to take it on a trip and use the slides and them bring it back before 90 days. It also says it, I believe in the manual. It sounds like your cable is loosening up a bit, again, I'd let them tighten it up, especially while it is on warranty.
3 N/A in my trailer, but I do have guides that travel in and out along the bottom of the slide, that keeps it aligned.
6 I would not dremel any hold bigger, cable can make a groove in ½ steel plate. Any problem with the cable not aligned - take it to the dealer. It will be a warranty issue. If you add to the problem they can refuse to fix it.

As for the items I didn't answer, to me they all should go on a punch list and let your dealer work with them. Don't expect to get your trailer back that day. They usually take reservations with others as well. Many people call in and cancel, but if none did, you may not be next in line. Stay on good terms with your dealer, he is a valuable tool for future returns.

As for the caulking, that is something we inspect and repair at least twice a year, depending on where you live. I would say they will repair it within the first year, but it then becomes your responsibility. Ask for a new skirt if it is cracking, not just a repair, and they should fix the couch as well, unless it shows signs of someone jumping on it (not saying you did). But out of good relations, I would expect them to fix it as well.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote