Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
SAABDOCTOR

go out buy the cd "round sounds" play the track of Rare Bear at the Reno air races real loud when the engine noise is almost deafining yell tora tora tora and hit the dirt! get up and have a cold beer and a good laugh. As long as it isn't rap it doesn't bother me!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Rick1300

If I can hear someone's music it does not bother me. If it is LOUD LOUD LOUD then I have a problem.
People make noise. We all do it. Be it your A/C, water heater, generator, truck or what ever else you have. In a campground we all have to coexist. Being considerate is what sets you apart from the LOUD and the jerks.

2005 Ford F-250 Lariat crew cab 6.0 Powerstroke
2013 cougar 21rbswe
Rick1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
Randy_K

I love to listen to music. I don't have it loud but do have it on. I also go camping to relax , and that means sitting by a fire listening to music.

I know some campgrounds now have radio free loops. Perhaps some complainers should stay there. I don't agree with blasting out your neighbours but expecting no one to listen to music on their own site is ridiculous.

On a previous camping trip I noted how some people had complained about a group of adults talking too loud in the evening but had their kids screaming and dog barking at 7:00 am.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
Rick1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post

On a previous camping trip I noted how some people had complained about a group of adults talking too loud in the evening but had their kids screaming and dog barking at 7:00 am.

Randy
I think I have met those people!! LOL

2005 Ford F-250 Lariat crew cab 6.0 Powerstroke
2013 cougar 21rbswe
Rick1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
curlyfungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Hmmmmm Don't "Californicate" Yellowstone???? I wonder if it would be better accepted if they were from Oregon? or Washington? or maybe from "back East????? LOL
They were wearing their California license plates on their sleeves. They Califorinicated Yellowstone, not us.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfungirl View Post
They were wearing their California license plates on their sleeves. They Califorinicated Yellowstone, not us.
I said that "tongue in cheek" with an attempt at suggesting that we not "criticize" Californians. Trying to lump everyone from a state into one category is akin to saying everyone who owns a Keystone RV is "STOOPID"

It just ain't so....... Californians for the most part are great people, just like those campers from any other state. Sure there's always a "jerk" but I wouldn't suggest that California has any more "jerks" than does Mapleton, Utah..... Just sayin'

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #27
crash

We have an outside speaker and keep the music low just so we can hear it ,have had some one complain one time but they had thier screamin little kids going all dang day and thought that was ok because they are just kidsgive other people respect and keep your kids quiet
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
f6bits

Thanks for all the responses. For neighbors I've already met and have some rapport with, it's never been a problem to ask them to keep it quiet within reason.

For neighbors I've not met, I dislike the idea of having my first encounter with them be negative (my complaining). I feel that my concerns have less impact if they just think I'm a complainer or neighbor-hater.

For those who think the campground is their own personal party place to invite a ton of friends and blast the outdoor music, I'm past the point of trying to be nice. I'll just call security on 'em. When security asks me my site number, I lie. Why does it matter who I am if someone else is blatantly disregarding the rules and those around them?

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #29
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
I'm past the point of trying to be nice. I'll just call security on 'em. When security asks me my site number, I lie.
Sound like a great neighbour

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
ctpd814

We have a seasonal site so we know our neighbors. When we go other places, one of the first things I do after setting up is speak with the neighbors. This starts things off in the right direction. It shows that your not just some complainer or anti-social type, if there is a problem. I will agree that there are some people that there is no talking to but at least you were a good neighbor and tried.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #31
f6bits

Yeah. Especially when that site is empty. I haven't tried weaseling my way out of telling them a site number. I don't trust security that turns a blind eye to blatant offenses, or just doesn't patrol like they're supposed to, with my site number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
Sound like a great neighbour

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #32
Rusty

I sorta kinda like the quiet of a secluded cg. Where we like to camp there are no services.

However the noise issue has popped its ugly head in the past!

Once while camping we had just finished supper, sat down around the campfire then all of a sudden we heard these freaking loud bomb bursts and gunfire!

What the heck was it?

The guy next to us had a Hummer with a freakishly loud stereo system, and he had set up a projection system to play on the front of his Hybrid! And the kids were rockin' out to Transformers at what seemed like high double digits, somewhere approaching triple digits!!!!

I was just grabbing my trusty wood splitting axe when mercifully the cg attendant pulled up yelling at the guy to turn it down or turn it off!

Another time we had our portable XM radio playing on the picnic table. My wife kept telling me to turn it down, well I do like my music, but I much rather prefer a happy hubby! SO I dutifully turn it down, still she can hear it, tells me to turn it down again, then again, then again.

I was starting to get a little miffed, so I turn it off.......the music is still playing!

The guy in the next site had XM radio and was also listening to the same channel as we were!!!!

2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins, Exhaust Brake.

2013 Cougar High Country 315RES
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #33
crash

I had to put a remote outside rock speaker ,because when I am outside at night by the camp fire and DW is asleep the stereo speaker that I have in the front basement storage is right under the bed and it keeps DW up(Happy Wife Happy Life)so I switch from inside storage speaker to Rock speaker then Me happy too
Attached Images

2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #34
tdawg

The wife and i are campground hosts and if we here music 2 or 3 sites from ours we ask them to please turn it down to keep in there camp site area usually is not a problem most campers comply.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
randy69

You know I read threads of most of you guys way older than me and i'am 61 and found my trailor outside speakers were not loud enough. So I bought 2 550 watt power amp speaker with 2 stands. Now I blast the desert while we dirt bike ride... Music I like Sirius octane.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #36
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1300 View Post
I think I have met those people!! LOL
I've camped beside those people!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #37
Jca3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandjh1958 View Post
When we first bought our TT we were in heaven sitting inside watching a wonderful movie in our rocking chairs in front of the bay window.
After a while, I used the bathroom and noticed I could hear the movie better in there than sitting in the living room. I pressed my ear against the wall the realized the outside speakers where on!
It took us a little while to figure out that the system when first turned on turns all speakers (A-B-C) on and you have to turn only A on if you want it inside only.
C is our outside speakers and I haven't figured out what B speakers are..... maybe next trip!

I do love listening to music while sitting outside but I also keep it as low as possible so my neighbors aren't subjected to the 70's hits I love to listen to.
Heck... my DH doesn't even like listening to my music so I know my neighbors would object!!
The same thing happened to us and my DH is deaf so our TV was cranked loud on the video we were watching. Good thing we were early spring camping (hence the video as it was COLD outside). No one else in the campground... just us with a new heated underbelly 5her which we had not had before.
The other two settings are for the back and front of your inside surround sound speakers.

As to music in the campgrounds. HATE IT! We go to listen to the wind in the trees, birds singing etc. Not the thump, thump, thump of someone else's music because mainly all you hear is the bass anyway
Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #38
diugo
Permanent User Ban

The only good use of the outside speakers: I have no God forsaken generator, but I made an mp3 file recording of some clown who ran his all day long. So what I now do is, if I hear someone else's generator longer than an hour, I "play" mine as well, at full blast.

The hope is, they'll get the hint. Alas, some skulls are just too thick.
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #39
Jca3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diugo View Post
The only good use of the outside speakers: I have no God forsaken generator, but I made an mp3 file recording of some clown who ran his all day long. So what I now do is, if I hear someone else's generator longer than an hour, I "play" mine as well, at full blast.

The hope is, they'll get the hint. Alas, some skulls are just too thick.
Now that is a good use of the outside speakers because we also dislike the generators. We once camped by a trailer that was "staged" . Set out the chairs all faded because they never were sat in, the trailer was not leveled because they didn't sleep in it and ran a generator all day long. Only came back for short times to refuel it. The only thing we could think is they were doing something illegal in there.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
SlowPoke

I just play my bluegrass loud enough to hear to the street if ya strain your ears... most times I've done it, for some reason I have people walking closer and closer to the trailer just to hear it ...lol

People must just like bluegrass when camping..... I DO

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote